LIS surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS surgery

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Dec 2016, 17:15

Cant even say how happy and relieved i am for you ouchie and its great for others to hear a nice and easy LIS success story.
Happy new year, happy new butt happy new you!!
:smilyhug:
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby ouchie25 » 30 Dec 2016, 17:37

Thanks so much MPB! I remember when I first got my fissure almost 2 years ago now I heard about the LIS surgery and I was terrified, so thankful for it now! Just wish I had it sooner!! I hope your recovery keeps moving forward too - adding the IBS to things must be so hard, I really feel for you xxxx
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby ouchie25 » 30 Dec 2016, 17:42

And happy new year to you too MPB!!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Dec 2016, 17:43

Thanx ouchie,
Im certain that if it wasnt for my IBS and crohns LIS would have been nice and easy for me too...i hate my colon sometimes, but things are slowly improving...least im not howling in agony any more....neighbours must be grateful lol
Take care
Mypoorbutt

Postby ouchie25 » 03 Jan 2017, 05:55

Day 12: First day back at work today and all was fine! Only had very very minor discomfort.

I checked out my butt today and it looks a whole lot different when I looked at it couple of days post op. The swelling has all cleared, and I can tell the my actual butt hole is looser. The fissure looks great and skin tag is gone. However now there is a little lump maybe the size of 1/2 a pea at about the 9 o clock position. I'm guessing it is the incision scar tissue??? That's def the spot that is slightly uncomfortable when I have a BM.

Soiling continues, however I'm freaking out that it might even be discharge from the incision, as the colour is pale yellow ?infection? But I have no other pain down there. So I hope it's a normal part of healing. Every time I wipe there is some sort of discharge.

Hmmm
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Jan 2017, 08:18

Glad your doing so well ouchie, I can't really comment as I didn't really have any discharge post op...and only had slight soiling for the first week. I'm sure it's probably normal healing but you can always get your GP to check if your worried.
Mypoorbutt

Postby ouchie25 » 07 Jan 2017, 05:23

2 weeks post op: I took your advice and got it checked out by my GP. She said every looks like it's healing really well, and no signs of infection. She said it's just soiling which may last for 6 weeks or so. So that's a relief!

Other than that, nothing new to report, no pain on BM, but the very mild throb on the incision site continues with a BM, but I think it's improving as it's not even pain, just a weird feeling. Not really having any baths now, just wiping the area with wipes whenever I go to the bathroom to pee etc. My stools have been quite large and firm lately, and still no issues! I still avoid going to the bathroom and hold my breath bracing myself when I'm on the toilet just still out of fear - but it all just falls out so easily now!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 12 Jan 2017, 07:14

Week 3: So far so good until yesterday! My movement was quite dry and hard (my period always does this!) I felt a little bit of tightness during, but no pain. However on wiping there were a few specks of blood which freaked me out thinking I have undone all this progress!! So I jumped straight in the bath.

But I guess the fissure itself still may take a while to heal, even though I'm not in any pain? Which would explain the blood? Or maybe it was the incision? Hopefully not a new fissure, surely!! Today it's been a bit more tender down there than usual, so fingers crossed i don't go backwards from here.. :pray:
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 17 Jan 2017, 07:04

4 weeks post op: Things haven't really improved since my last post. I have a BM each day that is well formed, but not super dry, and with these I feel a slight tightness and then afterwards a dull ache somewhere on my butt. It's not a spasm feeling, just like irritation, maybe 1/10 pain.. Then little bit of blood continues too.. I can't pin point when the pain is coming from...

Even if this is what I can expect long term it's a huge improvement, but I just don't understand why my butt has decided to tighten up again... maybe I should go back to 2 movicol and day and really get things soft again
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby Johnny91 » 22 Jan 2017, 11:43

So you are supposed to wait for improvement up to 6 weeks after op?
Looking forward to see if everything goes well as well as your final verdict on the surgery...
I have a chronic one since june '15 and ive been going very well lately until this Saturday when all of a sudden i had a kinda hard stool.
I need to get done with this permanently some day soon..
Johnny91
Salt Bather