Ways to poop when trying to pass a bulky one

Getting jiggy with it

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Ways to poop when trying to pass a bulky one

Postby healthybutt » 19 Dec 2016, 19:50

Hi everyone,

I've been reading on here about the use of squatty potties, which have helped some but not others (I have tried a semi-squatting position but not the full squat). And also some people have found it helpful to press down on the area between the tailbone and anus.

This may sound weird, but does anyone jiggle or shake their butt cheek(s) with their hand(s) to pass a bulky one? I think this has saved me twice from re-tearing when I was in the healing phase. The stools were soft yet bulky (too much fiber), so not sure it would work for harder stool. I'm not sure if vigorously shaking my cheek(s) helps relax the sphincter muscle or is just a distraction so that I dont get tense while trying to go. Interestingly, when I apply my nitroglcyerin ointment and things are tight, shaking my cheek w/ my hand makes insertion way easier.

Just wondering if there are folks who have done something like this. I was thinking of going to a physical therapist and asking about it after I heal, but thats at least couple weeks out.
healthybutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Ways to poop when trying to pass a bulky one

Postby Fissurefrustration » 06 Jan 2017, 11:01

Hi HealthyButt,

I had this problem today actually! Yes, a squatty potty helps but I hadn't been to the loo in a week so I was pretty impacted. I tried wiggling, loo-dancing, praying, pushing on the area in front of the tailbone etc etc,

I eventually gave the tiniest push and it was enough but I've micro-torn the whole sphincter sadly!

I don't get why we were designed to let stools pass more easily!!!

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Ways to poop when trying to pass a bulky one

Postby healthybutt » 01 Feb 2017, 03:04

Ouch! SOrry to hear that :( I hope you are healing!

On another thread, an enema was recommended for situations in which you know things might get rough. I wiggle, wriggle, do everything possibly to get everything out without pain (scar tissue is still sensitive) or god forbid another fissure.

I'm try to preempt any situation in which I havent had a BM for a while by using glycerin suppositories, which I lube in vaseline and insert. It hasnt softened anything up for me but it works well to induce a BM before things get hard/impacted. ANd the vaseline helps protect the tissues .

Good luck!
healthybutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 5