Chronic anal fissure - your thoughts- experiences???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Chronic anal fissure - your thoughts- experiences???

Postby Guest » 20 Mar 2008, 06:00

I've had a look this morning and the outer part healed but If I look closer the inside didn't.
Last time the outer part was visible was 10 days ago when I had hard tipped stool. Now if I could only hold out for about a month and be able to produce soft stools maybe everything would start healing. We'll see. I'm pretty sure all my problems are due to this fissure and maybe some internal hem. right next to it but I will go and have all the tests one can have to be sure so I can get on with my life.
I'll also see if I'll be able to move office and work from home from a sofa or something and give myself every chance of healing.
Mentally it's up and down but I feel better now and thank you guys for you support.

Postby Sorerumpie » 20 Mar 2008, 08:45

D3, Try getting very diligent about a program of sitz baths after each bowel movement, then apply some ointment to cover the fissure well enough to last to the next bowel movement.
The gas/fluffing problem is possibly because you're stressed out and your bowels are irritated , or you have a case of IBS.
I have the same problem - especially when my fissure hurts and I am stressed about it.
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 20 Mar 2008, 17:55

Thanks Sorerumpie, I am very careful about sitzs. Always have one.
I was also wondering guys, how does your sphincter feel when it goes into spasm after BM. Mine feels slightly enlarged until I go and have a sitz bath. Then it relaxes.
Is this normal?

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Mar 2008, 18:06

You are not able to see your internal sphincter , just outside one that opens and closes your anus. It is internal sphincter that goes into spasm and you feel it like VERY strong pain - it looks like your whole butt hurts - it is hard to sit or walk and even to pass the gas without the effort. You can not mistake that pain once you truly have it ! Outside sphincter did not show any changes in my case, just my skin tags got enlarged.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby small_flower » 20 Mar 2008, 18:08

I am sorry to hear you are having so many problems. It's amazing to find someone my own age on this board, I think there are a few "youngins" on the board, but we are all glad to have you all the same.
The hard tipped poo's definitely suck! I have that problem sometimes too. What I have found really helps is including more oils in your diet, olive oil or fish oil. I take fish oil capulets. Make sure you get the kind that promises no fishy burps! They don't break down until they are in your lower intestine. This coats everything up really nicely and lets it pass much more easily. Plus fish oil is good for a ton of other things in your body. So I definitely suggest fish oil!
My sphincter used to spasm much more before I had my LIS surgery. I remember being at my pediatricians office and trying to describe the feeling. I got a look like I was from another planet! My spasms are a very sharp pain, it feels like someone has just shoved a knife up there! Very painful, but with the LIS surgery, and me taking good care of myself, i have had very little spasming. If I do, its my bodies way of warning me to stop slacking on my diet.
I hope that you opt for the surgery if it is possible for you. It may be scary and embarrassing to think about, but trust me it is TOTALLY worth it! I have my life back now that I have had my surgery and I thank the lord for it every day.
Until then, follow the advice of our boardies here, look back at the old posts, keep sitzing, and avoid oranges! I am told the acid in the citrus fruits can cause stinging when it comes out the other end. I found that pears are really good and soft, and they have a lot of fiber. Fiber, water, baths, relaxing, short walks, and faith.
Hang in there! Keep posting. The people here are wonderfully supportive. I would've never gotten through my whole ordeal if I hadn't stumbled on this place.
Good luck
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Guest » 20 Mar 2008, 18:40

Fissulyna wrote:You are not able to see your internal sphincter , just outside one that opens and closes your anus. It is internal sphincter that goes into spasm and you feel it like VERY strong pain - it looks like your whole butt hurts - it is hard to sit or walk and even to pass the gas without the effort. You can not mistake that pain once you truly have it ! Outside sphincter did not show any changes in my case, just my skin tags got enlarged.

Hi. Actually I don't have this. After BM my sphincter feels dilated. Or rather the veins inside. It becomes very tight and that's what I meant by spasm???
Because of this "spasm" or tightness I am unable to wipe off completely. Could these be hemorrhoids then?

P.S. As for oranges, I eat them all the time, my doctor recommended it

Postby small_flower » 20 Mar 2008, 18:49

Really? Wow. Well i'd trust your doc over me, but certainly everyone is different as to what foods they tolerate. Lots of people here can't have cheese or meat or spices. Nothing in particular bothers me though.
As for your sphincter, I can't imagine what would be causing that tightness. I'd wait for some other boardies thoughts on the matter, because as you saw, my spasms were nothing like that. Have you spoken to your CRS about this? I hope so.
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Mar 2008, 20:28

I also don't have any idea why your anus can't be cleaned : (( ? Do you have skin tags at all ??? Do you at first clean it and than later there is some soiling ???
Sorry for inquiring in such detail - I am just trying to pinpoint what is causing cleanliness problem : (
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61