New

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2008, 22:13

Hello, i am new to this site. I am 6 weeks out from my hemrroidectomy and fissureectomy. It has been the worst pain I have ever had in my life. I have had 3 children, and it did not compare. You can do lamaze breathing in labor and make it thru it......the pain i had after surgery...you could not even breathe when you went to the bathroom. But I am finally at a point where the pain is so much better. My doctor says 8 weeks will be my recovery time. I had 5 external hems, 3 internal, and a huge fissure. At one point i was sure I would never be normal again, but the last few days I have hope, and it is a great feeling. :hi:

Re: New

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Feb 2008, 01:50

Hi Garrett and welcome to our site : )) ! You went through a lot and healing after hemorrhoid removal is slow and needs patience. I wish they did LIS for you or at least gave you Botox to help fissure heal, and also lessen the pain, but it looks that you are recovering fine and that the worst is behind you.
All of us here know how fissures can "throw you to the knees" , we have all been there, we completely understand you : ( !!!
Don't hesitate to ask any question , we all will be more than happy to help and give you support !
I wish you complete and fast recovery and once more - WELCOME : ) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2008, 09:23

Welcome to the forum :)
Sounds like you're doing great, well done you :)

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2008, 10:07

I am so glad you are through the worst of it. You are right it compares nothing to having children. I feel utterly traumatized by the surgery. I had a hemorrhoidectomy done on January 11th.

But I bet after all is said and done and healing is complete it will be worth it. Glad you made it through the rough part.

And welcome to the board! Image

Postby val » 24 Feb 2008, 12:52

Hi there,
sorry you're suffering, but glad the worst is over for you.
Everyone on here is wonderful, and there will always be someone who has been through what you are going through, and can answer any question that you ask.
A big WELCOME to you!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 24 Feb 2008, 17:02

welcome, I think you'll find a ton of really great info and support from everyone and everything on this website. sorry to hear you are in pain but hand in there and write to us as much as you want, it really helps ease the mind, body and soul.

Postby happyass » 19 Mar 2008, 08:35

hope you are still doing well Garrett......
chime in when you have a moment.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby small_flower » 20 Mar 2008, 18:13

Hello and welcome to the board! This place has been a blessing for me and I hope that it will be the same for you.
I am glad that the worst part of your surgeries seem to be behind you. Now you can look forward to feeling better every day.
Feel free to ask any question, no question is too weird, and when it comes to our rear ends, nothing is taboo. We've all had some pretty crazy experiences, so you'll fit right in!
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Sorerumpie » 22 Mar 2008, 00:07

Speedy Healing thoughts for you Garrett from all of us here !
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12