Daily journal after LIS of a 27 year old mom

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Daily journal after LIS of a 27 year old mom

Postby paine » 01 Mar 2017, 10:43

Hi jimbfree. Have you considered having tests like manometry or mri to know why its taking too long to completely heal? I am having this issue also at almost 5 weeks post op there is still residual pain esp after bm thus, i usually drink ibuprofen before bm to minimize pain.
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Fyourmermaid » 01 Mar 2017, 15:07

Day 9 so far has been so horrible. Im crying from the pain of my last bm. Im in the tub and i know im not just crying about the pain but over how horrible i feel rightnow about my life. Its a pity party, i know. I couldnt even take my son to school today because i woke up in so much pain after my morning bm. I feel very pathetic. All of my friends are out enjoying their 20's and i cant even go out for longer than 30 minutes. I couldve gone out more with my fissure at times. Before the operation i would have bad days but i would have time slots where i could even exercise. Im not sure why i got the surgery at this point. Feel like im headed into a depression. Im feeling angrier about the people who boasted about a quick recovery. Maybe their pain tolerence is higher than mine. I literally can only eat greens fruits and fiber. I lay in bed 70 percent of the day. This just isnt me. I have not been able to enjoy sex with my husband. I try to dress up and do my makeup like i used to always do but its short lived with tears messing it up and me putting on sweats right after a bm. I need support very badly rightnow. I want to call my surgeon and ask him why he performed a surgery that would cause me more pain than the fissure alone. I know its not his fault but i just feel angry. And as much as ive been able to keep my spirituality during the few adult years ive experienced its not helping me while i feel like this. Im sorry for the rant. Its just how i feel and how someone else down the line might feel as well.
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Jimbfree47 » 01 Mar 2017, 15:19

You have to gve it time. There are so many pain receptors down there. I to said the same thing right after my LIS. I know how you feel. You will find good days and not so good days. Everyone is different. You have to find what works for you. I refuse to let this destroy me. Yes it is rough at times but I know what the triggers are. Yiu will learn this and then you can take measures to avoid that. My pain level on a bad day maybe a 3. Most days minor. Fir me it is sitting to long but then again sitting fir long periods is not good period. That helps me from a physiological standpoint. I keep moving around nobpain at all. I sleep on my sidecand stomach no pain. You will learn what works for you. Main point keep the BM soft. That is so crucial. Hope this helps
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Fyourmermaid » 01 Mar 2017, 16:42

@jimbfree47 Thankyou for your continuous support. It really is helpful especially on low days like today.
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather

Postby Jimbfree47 » 02 Mar 2017, 08:32

Yw. Stay positive . people that dont have this dont understand what we go thru. That is what this forum is all about. There are many post on here. Research them and get as many supporters as you can. Try any of there suggestions if you so choose to. I know if I was there I would give a big hug and say this to shall pass. Try to keep saying that. ☺
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GilmoreGirl » 02 Mar 2017, 09:08

Hi there - I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. I'm 24 - I can relate exactly to how you're feeling. It's so hard when you try to be positive and do normal things but you just can't. Try and remind yourself that you are doing THE BEST YOU CAN right now given the circumstances. It's so hard when you feel like you're missing out on life, but know that you will improve and get back to your old self.

I haven't had any surgeries yet, but I am booked for LIS at the end of this month. From everything I've read, the work they did on your hems is likely what's causing you the most pain - this is a very painful surgery but the pain will pass!!!! Maybe you can do some reading like Jimbfree suggested, maybe you could take a look at others experiences with not only the LIS but the hemorrhoid surgery too.

Thinking of you and sending you healing thoughts. We're here for you!

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Fyourmermaid » 02 Mar 2017, 10:10

thankyou so much guys. I initially thought it was the cauterization of the hemmies that made it more painful but when i have a bm its the inner left side inside my rectum that hurts so much. I dont feel fissure pain anymore and that area is also where i had the hemmies cauterized (they were actually hiding the small fissure). I didnt write about this initially but they were actually going to do a hemorrhoidectomy on me prior to my preop appt where another surgeon realized i did not have a thrombrosed hemmie but a fissure right in between them. He assured me that cauterizing them off would not be as painful or as extensive as an actual hemorrhoidectomy. I agreed to the getting them removed while getting the sphincterotomy was mainly for aesthetic reasons. I wanted a normal looking bumhole again. All this information about how i would recover in a few days and how the doctor would not even really write off my husband for more than 3 days because in his words "you wont need that long" is definitely where i feel kind of resentful.
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather

Postby GilmoreGirl » 02 Mar 2017, 10:17

Can you give your surgeons office a call, or see your gp and ask him/her to get in touch? It's important they know you're still in so much pain if it is beyond the time they estimated for you (although I would say that 3 days for recovery is definitely on the low side from everything I've read).

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Jimbfree47 » 02 Mar 2017, 10:20

Thats what they did to me was band 3 internal hems on the left side up in there as well as I had a posterior fissure. Tge fissure has healed where my problem is is where they banded the hems same area. Thats scar tissue which when passing one irratatates that area and when sitting to long puts to much pressure on it. Same side as me the left. Thats what I was told was my issue.Makes sense to me . I agree they should not tell you a week and you will be fine. That simply is not true at least in my case and many others I have heard about
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fyourmermaid » 02 Mar 2017, 11:04

@GilmoreGirl i want to call but i feel like they will dismiss it as normal pain as they have been. The nurse told me what i feel is normal a few days ago. My copay is also 50 dollars and honestly spent so much out of pocket just to get this done. Insurance in the US is horrible. I dont want to spend another 50 on them telling me to just tolerate it. Im breastfeeding so i cant even really take medication for pain aside from ibuprofen and tylenok.
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather