My Fistula Experience

Lived with it for many years, finally got it fixed.

Have you had surgery for a Fistula and would like to share your success with others on the board who might be worrying about their surgery? This is the place, snd we would be happy to hear from you. Also, if you want to keep a Fistula diary, feel free to do so.

Return to Fistula Success Stories

Re: My Fistula Experience

Postby bumhurty » 16 Jan 2017, 15:37

Just a quick update because I have gotten a few emails on this post. I'm happy to report that I have not had any relapses and my fistula is gone. Again, I wish I had gotten the surgery sooner. It really wasn't nearly as bad as I had made it out to be in my mind. The surgery itself is nothing, the recovery is a drag because it takes so long, but in the end (no pun) it was worth it.
bumhurty

Topics: 1

Postby Katie » 16 Jan 2017, 15:45

I'm having my fistula op this Thursday very scared but can't live with this pain much more x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby notsonicepain » 26 Feb 2017, 00:18

Hi everyone, i have had what they call fistula in ano for over three years, i have had 2 emergency operations and that was for draining, i have only recently to looked for forums and sites for home remedies to help me with what i am going through because i felt so alone in this.
I saw my surgeon a week ago and he has told me that mine could be a life long situation, i started crying because i have 4 beautiful babies and a wonderful husband who supports me, i also study full time doing a degree in primary teaching. to hear news like this breaks me apart, because its not anything nice to live with. i told friends and family " i know its not cancer or anything life threatening, but it is the thought of living with this pain for the rest of my life and not being able to work to support my family or even help my husband to raise our children". But they wont understand until they go through it i guess.
Aside from that my surgeon has planned my next surgery and has told me that he will try his best to make it better so that life would be more comfortable for me to live. umm who says that " i will my best to make it better " Im from New Zealand and honestly i think he is the worse surgeon i have ever met in my life, moving on. i signed paper work for a surgery to go through but he said i have to go back on waiting list and that means waiting again, i asked how long and the surgeon said that i could be waiting anywhere between 6 - 8 weeks.
with the planned surgery he is going to drain and put more seton's in because i have to many openings. and then we are going to do another MRI to see where the main ones are.
I dislike the pain in my bum, and how it can be unbearable sometimes, and how i take a lot of tremadol just to get me through the day and help hubby with our children.
please can someone tell me that this will not be a life long situation i am going to be in and that there is a way to fix this, i wear pads everyday and have to shower atleast 3 times a day in the hopes that i will get better.
just need friendly advice and support because my surgeon just doesnt help at all..

thank you for taking the time to read my story.
notsonicepain

Postby Katie » 03 Mar 2017, 15:11

Omg I read this and feel so sorry for u hun :( z
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 03 Mar 2017, 15:32

Please read my page on here called 11 year fissure I have had an fistula as well and 6 weeks past that op hope it helps z
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jamesscott96 » 08 May 2017, 05:27

preview
Last edited by Jamesscott96 on 08 May 2017, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby notsonicepain » 08 May 2017, 05:51

Omg what a story that was... No I won't hang myself over it. And yes I am on my way to recovering, I have had another surgery in Feb and I am doing alot better. I must add this is not a test of god this is what happens when you have an ingrown hair that ends up inside your butt instead of growing on the outside. This causes an infenvtion under the skin.

Your story has no connection with mine and I found it uncomfortable to read. I hope you find the help that you need though to get you through the test that god has set out for you. Maybe talk to friends or a counsellor about how you feel and how you want to hang yourself. Or just find something in the community that can help you with what you are going through
notsonicepain