Daily journal after LIS of a 27 year old mom

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Daily journal after LIS of a 27 year old mom

Postby Jimbfree47 » 02 Mar 2017, 11:20

I agree with you fyourmermaid. Thats why I dont go back they always say the same thing and yes the healthcare in this country the good old USA stinks
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby GilmoreGirl » 02 Mar 2017, 11:28

That's rough - I'm sorry that things are so difficult!

I cannot take painkillers either (or ibuprofen!) with my ibs - so I'm only taking tylenol too. If it helps, my doctor said I can take up to 5 extra strength tylenol per day safely if I'm taking it regularly, and for short term pain I can take 8.

I did find naproxen to be very helpful with the pain, the brand name here is aleve, but like other NSAIDS it can cause stomach pain especially if used long term. But you may want to give it a try!

Other wise are you able to do sitz baths, or use a heating pad or even ice on the area to ease the pain a little? Do you have lots of swelling at the moment?

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Fyourmermaid » 02 Mar 2017, 13:31

I really try not to use pain medication this may be the reason i also feel alot of pain. I took 2.5mg of vicodin this morning and could tell the difference completely. Havent had a bm but the pain is definitely lessened. From the last time i checked it does not seem swollen. The external area where i had the hemmies removed seems to be healing nicely. Dont feel too much pain there when i wipe and pat after a bm and sitz bath. Its just inside that hurts so much. I dread that my metabolism is so high. I have to endure intense pain about 4 to 5 times a day when i have to go. Way more pain than when the fissure was all i had to worry about.
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Fyourmermaid » 02 Mar 2017, 21:04

Day 10- i woke up in stinging pain that i think was due to having sex for the first time wince the surgery. Sex was a little uncomfortable but i think after a couple of minutes there was no discomfort. Sharing this because a woman's back door and her vagina are so close together and also the spasms from orgasm was something that i worried about feeling from my bum. But again no pain. I feel that this is why is was in pain this morning though. I took a very small dose of vicodin. I took my stool softener but i did not take my metamucil and honestly i feel that not taking metamucil is helping my bms. I had two so far and they were not as painful. They hurt about a 3 and it wouldve been a 4 if i didnt have my sitz bath right after both. I feel like now some healing is happening. I feel alot more itching and stinging and less of a constant throbbing. I was able to sit for about 20 minutes now and then after that i feel alot of stinging pain. Im afraid to say this but im feeling optimistic about recovery. I dont want to eat my words. I ate a veggie omelette with avocado and an apple with pb so far. Im still losing weight. I still am not eating as much but i am eating alot of veggies and fiber. I miss in n out so much. Itll be my cheat meal when im finally better. And not paranoid. Todays over all pain was a 3 with some 4 and maybe a 5 after driving. Also im still somewhat gassy but not like last week (dear lord). I do feel that i cant always hold a fart but i definitely can control my bms. I havent noticed any extra discharge today so i think that is a good sign. Feel like God is hearing my prayers. Slowly but surely.
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather

Postby GilmoreGirl » 02 Mar 2017, 21:12

I'm so happy to hear that! Praying that this will continue - itching is normally a good sign of healing for sure after surgery.

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Fyourmermaid » 03 Mar 2017, 00:29

Writing from day 10 still. Im so embarrassed. I had a slight, very slight incontinence problem just now. I felt like it was just gas so i passed it but i felt itchy after and when i came to the bathroom i had slight fecal matter on my underwear. Not like i shat myself. More like some specs came out when i passed gas. Im so so disappointed by this. I hope my ass doesnt do this for life. I admit i overdid it today. I walked too much and sat for too long because today i actual felt able to. Now im in a bath of hot water just throbbing. Fml rightnow. I hope this doesnt happen again.
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather

Postby Jimbfree47 » 03 Mar 2017, 07:37

Fyourmermaid. Good news for you then. Sounds like progress. Yes the burning and stinging is normal. Fecal incontinence is one of the drawbacks of LIS. My understanding is that is temporary. I have fortunately not experienced that but the gas yes another result of LIS. You are experiencing normal post surgery symptoms. Any CRS will tell you that. Anyone who has had LIS will tell you that. Listen to those who have been there. They are your best support. My opinion
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby GilmoreGirl » 03 Mar 2017, 07:46

Agreed! Don't be embarrassed, as Jimbfree says this is common right after LIS, and is temporary - I've read most of the LIS stories on here, and even if there is a small bit of incontinence, i don't think I read any instances of it lasting more than a few weeks. Check out the LIS success stories board!!

You're in good shape - try not to panic now and know that it's going to take a bit of time to get back to normal. Do your best to be patient, and don't let your worries take over!

- GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Fyourmermaid » 03 Mar 2017, 11:06

You guys are amazing with the support. I feel better about what transpired last night. Im just goinh to be more weary of passing gas! On to have day 11. Ill write about it later.
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather

Postby Fyourmermaid » 03 Mar 2017, 20:49

Day 10- today was a positive day! Only took 2.5mg of vicodin today once today! I can feel that i am healing because my bms are staying at a 3/4 versus becoming more painful. I do feel my diet has alot to do with it and thank God i stopped the metamucil. I was consuming too much fiber and did not need any more "bulking". I still can not go out for a long time frame but i am just happy that the horrible pain i was experiencing last week is almost gone. I ate scrambled eggs with spinach and avocado for breakfast and so far thats all i have eaten. I have noticed that i get fuller faster as i havent been so active and im not eating so often. I had 2 bms today and i did have to get in a sitz bath afterwards to stop the post bm throbbing. Pain gets worse if i over exert myself so im still taking it easy. Not much else to report. Still cant sit or very long but more than last week. Hopefully monday the doctor tells me im healing well!
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather