Hi! New to Forum, not to pain. Need help deciding.

Have to DO something, but what and with who?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi! New to Forum, not to pain. Need help deciding.

Postby coconuts » 06 Mar 2017, 11:31

I've had IBS forever, and problems in the last couple of years I've had what I'm sure are fissures. I have the tear/heal cycle, pain/relief cycle, bleeding that comes and goes depending on the first two things I mentioned (bright red, not the scary tarry stools) and the ever present skin tag.

I had an all-clear Colonoscopy 6 years ago and this all started since then. It's probably time for another Colonscopy.
I live in the boonies and the one surgeon here that I trust I also now have to work with sometimes. I could handle having him do a Colonoscopy I think, but feel really embarassaed at the thought of him really examining my anus that closely. I'm also afraid that the prep will rip me to shreds as last time the diarrhea from the prep was so painful by the time it was over.

Should I get the fissure fixed before I do anything else and should I go to a different doctor for that? The next closest one is 90 miles away, but he has good reviews.

Or..should I just put my embarassment aside and just go to my local surgeon and show him my goods even though I'll have to see him in meetings and stuff knowing he's seen me, my skin tag and all my little hairs "down there" :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you!!!!!!!
coconuts

Topics: 1

Re: Hi! New to Forum, not to pain. Need help deciding.

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Mar 2017, 12:07

Hi and welcome
I would advise that you get your fissure diagnosed by a CRS whether you feel that's the local one or the other is really a personal choice. I have had that many people look at my butt now that I could quite happily be best friends with my CRS lol.
I think once you know for certain it's a fissure then there are lots of options and cream to have that will stop any spasms you might be having and help it to heal.
As for another colonoscopy I have IBS and crohns and even with heavy clots of blood have turned them down while I have had this fissure because the prep kills me...I go at least 30 times a day for 5 days after the blooming thing. If you are worried and your surgeon thinks you need one then there are people on here that have had one and been fine, so everyone is different. I chose not too because I knew where all the blood was coming from and it's an existing condition and nothing suspicious.
Good luck with whatever you choose and I hope something gets sorted quick as fissures are THE worst pain
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Re: Hi! New to Forum, not to pain. Need help deciding.

Postby coconuts » 06 Mar 2017, 14:10

Thank you. The surgeons I mentioned are General Surgeons, which is pretty much all we have within several hundred miles. I did just now find a General Surgeon with good reviews who'd practice is "only" 250 miles away, but he does outreach clinics at a hospital that is only about an hour from me. I'll call and make an appointment with him. It helps alot just to finally make a decision!
coconuts

Topics: 1