Second Fissurectomy

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Second Fissurectomy

Postby Kacenka » 13 Mar 2017, 16:29

Hi guys!

I'm just looking for advice/opinions. I'm not going to bore you with the typical story of getting a fissure/spasms/nitro/another fissure... You've heard it all. I had my first surgery (fissurectomy with botox) in November 2016. It took 6 weeks for the spasms to go completely away. Both fissures not quite healed but one had a very flat tag left behind and seemed to be almost healed. It would just tear easily and seal overnight. The other just kept swelling up (the tag) and after 3 months it wouldn't stop getting infected. One time I had to make a hole in it to drain the puss. The doc said it was only on the outside, no big deal... So 3 weeks ago I went for another round of botox and fissurectomy. He also cut it open to open the tunnel. He said it was not a real fistulotomy since I did not have a fistula. For the record I'm not in any pain. So far the worst thing was pain from a yeast infection right in the rectum (!!!) caused by antibiotics. I don't think it's completely gone yet.

Ok, here are my questions. I think he cut off the tag left from the almost healed fissure. What I don't understand is why I have a wound where I thought I was healed and since the surgery it has not really changed. It's in the anterior position and I see it when I spread my cheekes. It's wet, yellowish brown. Doc examined me a week after surgery and didn't seem to be alarmed. Is it how it's supposed to look like??? I'm not happy because I was healed there!! Grrr. The top fissure is still oozing but not much. Is it normal? No smell. My doc wants to see me in 3 months. I guess he's confident I'm healing fine and no need to bother him. I just don't know if this is normal. The oozing, the open wound color... My husband looked at it and thought it was nothing alarming. What is your experience with the healing process? The first time around I had so much swelling and swollen tags I could barely see my butt so I wasn't examining it so closely. Now I do. I'm driving myself crazy. I worry about this not healing EVER and then I just cry and cry. I work from home so this isolation is not helping my mental state either.

Thank you for reading :tongue:
Kacenka
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Second Fissurectomy

Postby patience_and_healing » 13 Mar 2017, 20:13

Healing wounds will often ooze. If there was infection your doctor would surely have noticed. Staying home alone is an easy way to go crazy with worry - maybe try having some company over to help you relax more. :)
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Kacenka » 13 Mar 2017, 20:18

You know, I guess I just needed to hear that. My CRS gives me 5 minutes and doesn't answer my questions and then I worry. I don't know what is and isn't normal. Thank you :thankyou:
Kacenka
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby patience_and_healing » 13 Mar 2017, 20:20

It can become an obsession to keep checking the same spot in the mirror, speaking from experience. If you develop a fever, chills or nausea, make sure to call the doctor. Or if the wound becomes warm and red. Otherwise just baby it until it heals.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40