Daily journal after LIS of a 27 year old mom

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Daily journal after LIS of a 27 year old mom

Postby Harper05 » 13 Mar 2017, 14:10

I'm not sure where the pain is coming from, I think it's the incision site. That's where I'm pretty sure I feel the pain coming from... not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28

Postby Fyourmermaid » 13 Mar 2017, 14:52

Harper05 did your doctor say your fissure was healed 100%? I can still see mine red on the rim of my bum. I know i still feel pain from that. The incision pain is felt on my inner left side.
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby GilmoreGirl » 13 Mar 2017, 16:37

Harper05 - can you use a mirror to take a look down there? Just see if the incision site is inflamed at all. And as Fyourmermaid says take a look to see how the fissure is doing if you can.

Are you still having knife like pain during bms?
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Fyourmermaid » 04 Apr 2017, 00:54

Hi ya'll! I wanted to give a last update on here and hopefully my last post as i hope to never experience anything like this again. So its been about 6 weeks since my surgery. Today was my final doctors visit. My fissure is 100% healed and my incision from the sphincterotomy is about 90 % healed. He said it would maybe take another 2 weeks. I am pain free! I dont use any pain killers or stool softeners anymore. I weaned myself a few weeks back. I do have occassional light bleeding but nothing like before or right after surgery. I started exercise 3 weeks ago and started weightlifting (max 50lbs rightnow) a week ago. I am enjoying food again but also keeping my fiber intake in mind and so far its been very easy going. The only downside of the surgery is that i feel the urge to pass gas more often. I kinda just let them happen. I can hold them but after all ive been through i feel less embarrassed so to speak. I have no incontinence (yay!). I have yet to try anything sexual anally and feel i might hold off for another few months. This is a big part of my sexual life and thought it would be worth mentioning as im sure some people feel the same about that. I have been tempted but i know what is best rightnow. If anybody has questions i will try to answer when i get a chance. Thanks for all the support on here. This forum was a godsend!
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather

Topics: 3