2x Lis Surgery - Recovery takes longer?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2x Lis Surgery - Recovery takes longer?

Postby AJStyles » 05 May 2017, 07:51

So 8 months ago i've had an LIS For anal fissure, went good and i had very little pain afterwards. Could already walk after 1 week. But the fissure didnt heal unfortunantely. So 4 Weeks ago, i had another LIS and this time the surgeron cut way more muscles than the last time.

Recovery is damn sure harder than last time, i had alot of pain for 14 days and the third week wasnt a charm either, the 4th week is where i could walk again without pain.

But i still have pain after BM and a feeling that i still need to take a shit. Its nothing compared to the pain before lis, but its still a burning kinda pain which lasts for 2-3 Hours. (Pain is better after 1 hour tho)

Does the recovery take a bit longer because i had this surgery twice? Because after my first surgery i was almost pain free after 3 weeks. (Pain came back tho and here we are)

So should i be worried now? Or wait a bit more? Maybe its because he cut deeper now, that the recovery is longer. My BM's are pretty good and soft and i also take 1-2 Sitz baths a day.
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: 2x Lis Surgery - Recovery takes longer?

Postby ResMePlz » 05 May 2017, 09:42

Some people take months to recover after one LIS, never mind 2. I would keep your head up and let the time pass. I know it's frustrating, but hopefully in 3 months from now you'll be saying "I shouldn't have worried about it!" I don't know for sure, but I would assume that since he's basically cutting open an already cut area, that the recovery would be a little different for the body because of scar tissue and other things that needed to be mended.

Just remember, the first time he cut into perfectly good skin and muscle, and this time he cut into skin and muscle that has already been through trauma and healing. (I'm assuming they recut the same area)
ResMePlz
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby AJStyles » 05 May 2017, 10:19

Hey, thanks bro that makes alot of sense. Yes its the same area and the same fissure still, i have only one fissure thanks god. (6 o clock) I will be patient and see what will happen in the next 2 Months.
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby ken2021 » 09 Aug 2021, 04:11

Wondering how long did it take for you to be healed
ken2021
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby kbhappy2 » 09 Aug 2021, 07:45

Hey Ken.

I am 12 days post op LIS + skin tag removal. Feel free to email me at [email protected]
If you wanna chat more

Maybe it was my expectations , but I am finding recovery much harder than I thought. I am uncomfortable to say the least. Today I can finally keep clothing on down there and almost sit for a few minutes. I basically put myself on bedrest because I found that every day I was standing I would have swelling down below.

The first week post op I was up and walking more and I’ve been going insane doing my best to stay off my feet. I think the pain of the skin tag is worse than the sore ache of the incision site but it’s hard to tell.

I’m not bleeding anymore but there is scant discharge. The skin tag is basically the same Size (if not bigger at the end of the day w swelling ) That worries me the most cuz it can be irritated easily and I used to be an avid hiker and runner. Right now it feels like I won’t ever walk normally again and that’s so frustrating
kbhappy2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby ken2021 » 09 Aug 2021, 07:47

kbhappy2 wrote:Hey Ken.

I am 12 days post op LIS + skin tag removal. Feel free to email me at [email protected]
If you wanna chat more

Maybe it was my expectations , but I am finding recovery much harder than I thought. I am uncomfortable to say the least. Today I can finally keep clothing on down there and almost sit for a few minutes. I basically put myself on bedrest because I found that every day I was standing I would have swelling down below.

The first week post op I was up and walking more and I’ve been going insane doing my best to stay off my feet. I think the pain of the skin tag is worse than the sore ache of the incision site but it’s hard to tell.

I’m not bleeding anymore but there is scant discharge. The skin tag is basically the same Size (if not bigger at the end of the day w swelling ) That worries me the most cuz it can be irritated easily and I used to be an avid hiker and runner. Right now it feels like I won’t ever walk normally again and that’s so frustrating

Hi kb yes let's talk i have an email please check
ken2021
Salt Bather

Topics: 1