today is the day, and im in agony

please reply :)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: today is the day, and im in agony

Postby Jamesscott96 » 10 May 2017, 16:48

so , why was the spasms bad last 2days ? and still after bm for like 8 hour or so ?? just wondering got alot i need to work out get through my head , need to make sure its nothing in my head ( as that would be pretty messed up ) so hopefully it was the tag giving me the pain after bm, ache, ache in chair,, discomfort at night , and smaller spasms ? prior to bad bad killer spasms during fissure unable to walk at all longer than 10 mins... were so so bad .

gonna also try to forget about this alot out of my head lol as now i know im sorted gonna have to get used to life

once again ty so much guys for being here
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Jamesscott96 » 10 May 2017, 17:09

Mypoorbutt wrote:Hi it's great your fissure looks like it's healing. Botox can take a while to kick in and as you have had a skin tag removed and some injections there's no surprise your getting some small spasms. I'm sure these will fade soon.
Botox really does relax the sphincter mine couldn't spasms at all after the first 24 hours and by 2 weeks I could physically feel difference.
Good luck with your healing

maibnly burning feeling
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 May 2017, 17:12

Our sphincter is an automic muscle that we have no control over and that responds automatically to cortisol. So maybe you were stressed so you had an overload of cortisol and that in turn caused the sphincter to tighten more which led to the spasms. Hopefully the Botox will stop all that. The fissure could have healed on the surface but still only be partially healed underneath perhaps if so the Botox will enable it to fully heal. It so hard to understand sometimes
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 10 May 2017, 17:21

Just to add to Mbp's great response, in my experience, it's a bit of a cycle - even if the fissure is able to heal, the muscle gets kind of traumatized - it's in constant fear of pain, and no conscious relaxation is going to get it to stop spasming! Botox and LIS (and sometimes topical like nifedipine) work to "break the cycle" so that the muscle can learn to relax again.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18