Essex private CRS?

I'm looking for a recommendation please

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Essex private CRS?

Postby Kv12 » 20 May 2017, 11:04

I have just returned home after a disappointing appointment at Benenden Hospital. As I was in severe pain (fissure and hems) , the consultant would not examine me as they do not have the facility to carry out the examination under general anesthetic. I asked what I should do. He suggested that I go to A&E and then walked out. I was devastated as I was so hopeful that they would help me.

So, I am going to book an appointment privately. I will be paying myself, yes some home renovations will have to wait.

Can anyone please recommend a CRS in Essex or thereabouts please. I'm desperate now and need help.

Thank you
Kv12
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: Essex private CRS?

Postby Bum_UK » 20 May 2017, 13:42

I don't have a recommendation but you can search via Bupa. https://finder.bupa.co.uk/

I have a recommendation but he's in Sheffield and that's quite far from Essex. I do hope you find someone as your experience on the NHS sounds horrifying. Keeping in mind that the private consultants all (or nearly all at least) work for the NHS too.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Kv12 » 20 May 2017, 15:34

Thank you for replying. Yes Sheffield is a little far.

I'm a bit worried how a consultant can examine me if I'm in pain. Has anyone else managed to get round that? Would private knock you out or give you an epidural or something just for an initial examination?
Kv12
Salt Bather

Postby Bum_UK » 21 May 2017, 11:37

The consultants I've seen have only had a look externally. You would have to come back if they need to knock you out to get a better look at things. Do you want anything done to the fissure?
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Kv12 » 22 May 2017, 05:50

Hi Bum UK.

This episode has been going g on for 8 weeks now and the pain after a bm is no longer get manageable. It's getter worse not better even after all the self heal and Medical topical treatments.

I'm now booked in with a consultant at Holy Hospital tomorrow. I've timed it so that it should be a pain free day i. E no bm as it seems to be every 2 days now. I considering surgery as I believe it's the only option left. I'm sure I'll know better tomorrow. This pain is exhausting and I'm still off work which is difficult for me. I haven't been away this long before!

Going to look for box set to binge watch now...!
Kv12
Salt Bather

Postby Bum_UK » 22 May 2017, 09:59

Good luck tomorrow! Please let me know how you get on. It sounds like either Botox or LIS is the way forward for you.

There are plenty of box sets out there for your enjoyment! Breaking Bad, The Blacklist, House of Cards, the list goes on and on. I hope you found something fun to watch! :)
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Kv12 » 22 May 2017, 11:54

Just re read my post, it's Holly Hospital not Holy although the pain I feel today is total hell :evil:

Was prescribed tramadol by GP today. It isn't touching this pain. I'm looking forward to my day of rest tomorrow.
Kv12
Salt Bather

Postby Bum_UK » 23 May 2017, 08:56

Be careful with pain meds as many of them make you constipated. I assume you're on Movicol or similar to keep your stools soft.

I tried ibuprofen before my diltiazem prescription arrived and the ibuprofen did nothing. The diltiazem didn't do anything either but I have been painfree for almost two weeks after six extremely unpleasant weeks. I'll have Botox, fissurectomy and sentinel pile removal in two weeks. My fissure is still there albeit small and I have a lot of scar tissues as this is my fourth or fifth fissure.

I hope your appointment went well today.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Kv12 » 23 May 2017, 08:59

Thank you. My appointment went very well and I'm booked in for tomorrow to have an examination under general and if he finds what he believes I have (two fissures one top one bottom) then he will continue with the LIS . I'm relieved but also very nervous now!
Kv12
Salt Bather

Postby Bum_UK » 23 May 2017, 09:50

That's good indeed! They're moving fast at least. When do you have to stop drinking clear fluids? I received my hospital paperwork today. I'm to report at the hospital at noon and I can drink clear fluids until 11am. I'm surprised I can keep drinking water for that long. I can't eat after 6am.

Good luck tomorrow and let me know how you get on!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist