Had Fissurectomy and LIS on 5/30/17

Fissurectomy and LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Had Fissurectomy and LIS on 5/30/17

Postby kevinpdx » 06 Jun 2017, 11:34

Day 7:

Took some more walks today and the pain seems to be decreasing. However, I'm still seeing blood streaks in my stool today and I can feel that it's definitely coming from the fissure. There was alot more blood on the toilet paper, before today it was just a faint red dot, but now it's almost half of the paper. I also feel a little tightness similar to what I was experiencing before the surgery. I looked at the area afterward, and saw there was red thing protruding out of my anus that wasn't there before, ugh...I'm a worried that the AF tore again and I'm back to square one. I've been keeping up with my diet with plenty of fruits and veggies and my stool seems to be fine not too hard but not too soft. I haven't been taking stool softener so maybe I should start? I pray that I will heal soon and what i'm experiencing is part of the healing process.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Sgsh24 » 07 Jun 2017, 00:40

Best wishes, kevinpdx.
Sgsh24
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby kevinpdx » 09 Jun 2017, 11:45

Day 10:

My BMs the last 3 days have been excruciating painful, the feeling of "passing glass" and stinging sensation (pain scale 10/10). The good thing is I have minimal pain afterward, no spasm, very little stinging sensation so it's only during the BM that is painful. I started taking stool softeners (docusate 100mg 3x a day) and my BM today was softer and thus less painful. Still seeing blood in the stool and toilet paper. The incision site is healing nicely and I'm able to sit and walk in moderation fine. I've been keeping up with a good diet (lots of veggies and fruits). From reading other people's diary, the red thing that was protruding out seem to be the swelling so as long as it's not getting bigger or bleeding too much then it's normal. I'll keep close eyes on it.

My first 3 BMs were good with minimal pain so I was overconfident and didn't take any stool softener, big mistake. I think the reason why my first 3 BMs didn't hurt is because there was so much swelling so the stool never hit the AF as it was coming out. As my swelling decreased, that's when the AF started hurting. I would say my swelling has gone down 75%. Since I had a fissurectomy along with LIS, my recovery time will be longer. I'm just praying that my AF will start to heal now.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 11 Jun 2017, 21:52

Hey how are you doing now my general surgeon said I should be able to heal with just botox even though I have a skin tag an I've had this fissure on an off for 3.5 years just wondering if you crs tried this first I can't afford to see a crs in my country it cost alot just to talk to one. Thanks hope your doing great I wish I could just get the fissurectomy an lis like you have hope you heal super fast.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby raoden » 14 Jun 2017, 15:11

kevinpdx I am day 7 post op and I am seeing some amount of blood mixed in with stools. It happens sometimes but no blood other times. I spoke with a nurse at my CRS office and she said that bleeding happens after surgery and sometimes people bleed even a month after the surgery. I am not sure if my bleeding is from the AF or from the incision, but it is still painful to go. Probably a 6 on the scale for me. Nothing compared to the pain when AF was full blown. It does subside into a dull pain (2 or 3) in 15 to 20 minutes.
raoden
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby kevinpdx » 14 Jun 2017, 15:47

Day 14:

I saw improvements the last 4 days. I'm still having a 1 BM everyday and the docusate stool softeners I've been taken have helped and the pain has decreased to 3/10 during BMs and almost no pain after. Blood is minimal, faint pinkest on the toilet paper after each BM. Still keeping up with my diet with lots of fruits and veggies, I added brown rice to my meals the last few days to stay full longer. I also noticed the thing that was protruding out of my anus is shrinking and it's no longer red. I also notice an itch down there, not to the point where I needed to scratch, but I'm hoping this is a sign the AF is healing. I'm able to sit and walk without any pain. Overall, these improvements the last few days have provided me comfort knowing there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I feel good enough to go back to work if I had to, but fortunately I still have a week left before I have to go back. I'm hoping to see dramatic improvements the next 7 days!
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby kevinpdx » 14 Jun 2017, 15:52

Hi Missy, my CRS and I never discussed Botox. The issue was my sphincter was too tight so every time my stool is a little bulky, the AF would retear and LIS was the only way to relax the muscle permanently. Hope you feel better soon.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby kevinpdx » 14 Jun 2017, 15:55

Thanks Raoden. Did you have both Fissurectomy and LIS? From what I can tell, my incision site is 90% healed. I can barely tell where the incision site is anymore. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
kevinpdx
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 14 Jun 2017, 19:18

Kevinpdx
They don't check your tone here apart from with a finger how do you know your tone is high overall an not just high because the fissure was maybe active at the time? Thanks
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Asspainsorebutt » 14 Jun 2017, 23:32

I hit 3 weeks a few days ago. Fissure seems to have healed now, but every day after I poop my anus feels swollen and it seems to take motrin or some tension reducing thigns to get it to relax. The Magnesium based CALM drink helps in this respect also.
Asspainsorebutt
Fibre Addict