20-ish years of pain...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: 20-ish years of pain...

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Feb 2017, 10:06

Hi sali,
Sorry to hear your suffering again. I have heard members who have healed from Botox and it certainly gave me many practically pain free weeks.
I did end up having to have LIS as my fissure was too long and deep to heal from just Botox.
I wish you lots of luck and hope this round of Botox does it for you.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby salijackt » 21 Feb 2017, 11:11

Yeah, I may end up doing the LIS too, but I'd be so frustrated if I did the LIS and had major problems with it or something (I've had other surgeries and ended up in the teeny-tiny minority who has severe complications) and then spent the rest of my life wondering if doing another round of botox would have helped instead. It means longer and another "surgery" with anesthesia, which annoys me, but fingers crossed it helps.
salijackt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Kathy64 » 22 Feb 2017, 06:20

I'm so sorry to hear that! I ended up having 5 BMS yesterday...due completely to my anxiety! I thought I felt a tinge of pain and although I could not sleep last night....I am currently pain free! Thank you for the link to the other forum....I will leave a post there soon to hopefully help others with this awful condition!! Good luck!!!

Kathy
Kathy64
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 28 Jun 2017, 15:08

Kathy64, how are you doing since your last post? I am trying coconut oil locally but cant put it inside very easily so have just ordered moulds.
Hopefully you are still reading this forum.
Thank you!
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby salijackt » 28 Jun 2017, 16:36

Hey! This is actually my thread and it is kind of ironic that you posted here because I'm having another round of botox tomorrow. The botox they originally scheduled in February was first rescheduled because the doctor had a cancer case come in that was urgent. Then when we got to the rescheduled date, I ended up with a concussion and couldn't have any sedation so it was rescheduled again. Finally, I get to have it tomorrow and I can't wait to have some relief. I'm hoping it lasts longer than last time, but I don't know...
salijackt
Fibre Addict

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 29 Jun 2017, 03:23

Oh! I wish you the very best. I hope you can some relief. Do keep me posted. All positive thoughts coming your way.
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Postby salijackt » 10 Jul 2017, 12:15

The sphincterotomy seems to have again helped with the anal fissure which is great, however, I have a new problem that I'm not sure if it is a side effect and what I should do. When I have a bowel movement, I feel I am unable to fully empty my bowel. It is as if there is an inch or so of stool that is left in the rectum and it is uncomfortable/awkward.

I have been using a stool (like a Squatty Potty, expect it is just a normal stool) to be in a more comfortable position and have tried various other positions as well. It is different from being constipated in that I can move most of the stool out of my body, it is just that last bit that I'm unable to evacuate.

I have tried soaking in warm water/using a sitz bath to see if that would relax the muscles and it didn't help. I also added Benefiber to my diet to see if that would help, but the consistency of the stool doesn't seem to be the problem. I am able to use toilet paper to remove some of the stuck stool so it isn't as uncomfortable, but I'm concerned that I may be irritating the healing tissue down there by doing so.

Has anyone had anything like this?
salijackt
Fibre Addict

Postby Tryingtorelax » 30 Jun 2019, 11:24

I know it’s been awhile since you posted but did the feeling of not being able to empty your bowels ever get better?
Tryingtorelax
Salt Bather

Topics: 3