New here and I would love some input

Sinus/Fistula?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here and I would love some input

Postby MomTo4 » 04 Jul 2017, 10:55

I have what I thought was a large mass in the perianal area. After two ER visits, they did a CT scan and the report says "Foci of air attenuation with adjacent fat stranding extend from region of external sphincter at approximately the 7 o'clock position into the ischiorectal fossa fat. There is no fistulous connection to the skin surface or drainable fluid collection. The area of involvement measures roughly 2.5 cm in all planes. Their impression is "Right sided perianal sinus"

I have an appointment with a surgeon on Thursday of this week, but I am so scared and nervous. I am curious what the treatment for this may be and if it can be explained in a little more depth? When I google, I just get very scary answers. I am a 39 year old female with 4 children. I have had four previous c-sections, and the last two resulted in my heard stopping and V-tach from the administration of the spinal block. So this scares me SO much about the thought of another possible surgery.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond and help put my mind at ease. It would be so very appreciated.
MomTo4

Topics: 1

Re: New here and I would love some input

Postby hurtinend » 04 Jul 2017, 20:26

sounds like an abcess. You may need antibiotics, they may have to drain it or remove it, hopefully not.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52