It's been a while

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

It's been a while

Postby marie » 02 Apr 2008, 11:07

Hi I am Marie,
I have lost this site but today finally found it. I wanted to stop by and say hello and give some encouragment to you.
I got my fissure last Feb. 07. I was in severe pain, I did not leave my house except for appointments for three months.
In March I had an appointment with the colon Dr. he explained the fissure to me and put me on
nifedipine three times a day, two colace one in the a.m. and one in the p.m., luch time took two Fiber Cons. Drank tons of water, very important.
I took two Aleve for the pain, it helped me get though the day.
I soaked in the tub 3-5 times a day, some days more.
Used warm cloths to clean after a bowl movement.
Never push while having a bowel movement. I would listen to my podcasts on my Ipod, it would help me relax and I went easier, oh well silly but it helped me relax during that time and let my body relax.
Did not sit on a chair at dinner for months, always sat on a firm loveseat and leaned on one cheek and ate there, no fun.
If I did sit strait down I sat on two pillows. I layed in bed most of my days, on one side, the side that did not feel pulling.
I slowly got better, and I mean slowly!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would say by the end of September I was 99% healed. No more baths, just colace, fibercon and a good diet of fiber, fruit and veggies.
No alcahol, no caffine, no fried foods and plenty of water, water and more water!
I am still taking fiber con and now trying to wean down to one colace, I'm afraid to give them up.
I can say for the last six months I have been healed. Knock on wood!
I am now sitting as I am typing, I exercise, walk several miles, go out, shop, school functions, well.. I am doing everything I did before the hell of my anal fissure.
I want to Image for all your help when I was so depressed and felt so alone and in the worst pain of my life.
Image marie
marie

Topics: 1

Re: It's been a while

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Apr 2008, 11:45

Why, thank you, Marie! Your story is one heck of an inspiration! And I am so glad this board was of use to you in your recovery.
It can be hard to find with Google, unless you use quotes.
Yours is a great success story and since so many of our members (myself included) could not heal on their own, it is always refreshing when someone does!
Take care!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Apr 2008, 14:49

I am so happy for you Marie !!! Keep up with the "regiment" for at least a year (counting from the time you think your fissure healed) since that area needs 12 months at least to regain about 80 to 100% of its original strength !
May you be fissure free for life Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 02 Apr 2008, 17:33

Thanks for taking the time to share your story with us.
Best of luck to you, Marie!

Postby Guest » 02 Apr 2008, 18:32

Marie,
Thanks so much for sharing that with us. It sounds so familiar to many of us and I am glad you are healed. I use nefedipine and colace too. I agree this site has been a god send. I am so glad you are pain free. We all need to be pain free and AF free.
Patty

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2008, 05:31

Your story gives me and others alot of hope i am sure..Thank you
Fissulyna - Those stats make me feel even better...it is sooo true !

Postby juney » 03 Apr 2008, 10:02

i'm glad you seem to have managed to heal it on your own marie. i wish i could just lay in bed all day! unfortunately i work at an office and have to sit for 8 hours a day...as i'm sure most of us do. good job on the regimen though.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Jen » 03 Apr 2008, 10:18

Marie -
We got our fissures the same time. I am also slowly healing. There have been many months this past year where I thought I was healed and stopped taking my fiber. This was a huge mistake! My fissure would only come back worse. I finally decided that after I am completly healed, I need to use fiber for the rest of my life, and maybe vitamin E oil for my bum and fissure scar. As long as I am not in pain, I can handle these few changes.
Great job with the healing! Good luck!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2008, 10:33

Ahh...I got my fissure in march 2007, its been a long year :roll:
I totally agree with what you have said Jen, i have made the same mistakes !

Postby Guest » 04 Apr 2008, 06:31

G'day Marie
It's great to hear you got heaps of encouragement by visiting this inspiring forum. Hope you continue having success with your recovery. Take care.