Infrared Heat Lamp Therapy

Anal Fissure Success Story

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Infrared Heat Lamp Therapy

Postby prayingforamiracl » 08 Aug 2017, 12:57

Hi all!

I wanted to share my story here so that it might help someone who may be in a similar situation as I was.

I've been surfing this site for the past 8-10 weeks while suffering daily from a chronic anal fissure (and sentinel tags) that started about 6 weeks postpartum. I can't even remember what initially brought this on because I don't remember being constipated, but I do remember thinking one day while going to the bathroom, "oh no! I have a fissure again". This wasn't cause for too much concern as I've had minor fissures in the past and they've usually healed within a few days with a homeopathic oil.

This time it would NOT go away and progressively got worse and worse, eventually leading to BM's with bleeding and all-day rectal spasms that had me debilitated -- all of which made caring for my first baby that much harder.

It got to the point that (like many of you) I was dreading going to the bathroom in the morning (even dreading going to bed because it meant a BM was just hours away). Thank goodness I only had 1 BM per day! Any other time I had more than 1, my rectal spasms went through the roof.

Mind you, my BM's were the PERFECT consistency for healing a fissure -- but it just got worse and worse by the day. It was so frustrating. I started to feel hopeless reading people's stories of having these for years with little relief. I figured I was doomed for surgery.

I spent hours upon hours researching and reading about personal stories with fissures -- it literally became my obsession for the past 10 weeks. I also spent hundreds of dollars trying new remedies, some of which included: homeopathic oils and other solutions, coconut oil, makuka honey, burt's bee's res-Q salve, calendula salve, t-relief, arnica oil, prescription hydrocortisone cream...etc. I also tried sitz baths, acupressure, and trying my best to relax while going to the bathroom (ha! What a joke that was).

I finally found a site called Listentoyourgut.com and ordered their homemade fissure suppositories and about half way through them I started to feel some relief. But then, unfortunately and not sure why, I started back at square one again.

I decided to re-order another package anyways and keep up the routine. The second round didn't do much for me at all either.

Then, I simultaneously discovered pranicure online and also remembered how effective infrared light therapy was at healing a pulled muscle I had. So I bought both and started these treatments together.

With the lamp I started a twice daily routine of what I call "sunning my bum" which basically means just sitting with my anus exposed to the light for 5-10 minutes. I did this after a bowel movement and a warm shower. I applied the pranicure following the heat lamp session both in the morning and during the day. Keep in mind the pranicure does nothing for pain but it does help to keep the area clean and dry so bacteria can't fester. However,the heat lamp is proven to help with pain relief and to speed wound recovery. Here is a good blog post about it: https://organicolivia.com/2016/12/01/wh ... your-life/

I also read that some doctors offer this kind of treatment (with an infrared laser) for fissures and hemmorhoids and have had great success -- but I never saw anywhere to do this at home. But now that I tried it, I am here to tell you IT WORKS.

I can tell you right now that I am SHOCKED at how quickly everything healed. Two weeks later and I am completely blood and pain free. I am SO beyond grateful to be consistently without pain and/or blood. I no longer fear going to the bathroom or obsessing over what I am eating in fear of how it will impact my bathroom experience.

If you haven't tried the light therapy yet, I highly recommend giving it a try -- and it doesn't hurt to try the pranicure or the fissureheal suppositories either, depending on if you have an internal or external fissure - I had both.

Give this a try! Let me know if it works for you too!

Good luck and happy healing to all of you. I know how awful this situation is.
prayingforamiracl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Infrared Heat Lamp Therapy

Postby LemonMan » 25 Aug 2017, 14:09

Thanks for this. Very interesting. I've been looking into it, and there does seem to be a number of positive medical trials. This is certainly on my list of things to try.
LM
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby prayingforamiracl » 25 Aug 2017, 22:20

Yes please do and let me know if it works for you as well! I will say that I recommend continuing it for an extended period of time -- well beyond any symptoms so that full healing can take place. Good luck!
prayingforamiracl
Fibre Addict

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 08 Sep 2017, 14:36

Hi prayingforamiracl,
I am very intrigued by the infrared lamp, what model did you use? I think this is such a great solution... thanks!
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby prayingforamiracl » 08 Sep 2017, 15:40

Here is a link to Amazon where I bought the bulb and the clamp shade: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0185 ... UTF8&psc=1

I also HIGHLY recommend trying Pranicure -- it works like a glue to suture the wound and promote healing.

Good luck!!
prayingforamiracl
Fibre Addict

Postby familyguy » 11 Sep 2017, 06:13

Hi, new to the forum. Dr said I had an internal AF & some scar tissue. Pain started suddenly 3 weeks ago. No blood, just a sharp pain high up inside when the muscle contracts, or large BM goes past. It can even hurt when I fart!! If it causes the muscle to expand. I get a sharp pain when sitting down. Once sat down it passes. I have been prescribed rectogesic. Some days it seems to be getting better, then I have a setback.
Did light therapy help with the internal AF? I'm considering buying a IR lamp but not sure it will reach the affected area as it's so high up.
familyguy
Fibre Addict

Postby LemonMan » 11 Sep 2017, 13:15

Hi Familyguy, Too early for me to say, but I feel there has been a slight improvement in pain levels. As far as depth penetration is concerned it depends who you believe. Some studies I've read have suggested only a few millimetres, whereas others reckon 3-4 cm and more. Some of the trials are encouraging but some Doctors think it's a placebo at best. I think the main thing is it can't do any harm, and if it works for you then great!

Not much help I'm afraid. Good news is you are using rectogesic before your fissure has gone chronic, so you're in with a chance of healing it in the early stages.

Good Luck, LM
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby prayingforamiracl » 11 Sep 2017, 15:48

Hi FamilyGuy,

I wasn't sure if I only had an external fissure or not, so I also tried Fissureheal suppositories -- you can get them on Listentoyourgut.com. I'm not sure if they helped on their own but I would imagine it's worth a shot. I had the pain when passing gas too! It's crazy how these can be so debilitating.

From what I have learned about Infrared Therapy, the light does penetrate deep through the skin so it's possible it could help with an internal fissure as well. If anything, it may help with blood flow (and pain relief) and that ultimate leads to healing. Good luck to you!
prayingforamiracl
Fibre Addict

Postby familyguy » 11 Sep 2017, 16:58

Thanks for the replies. I may buy a lamp if no improvement by Friday. Back at the Drs Friday morning. Here's hoping. I'm currently trying increased fibre - more fruit. Dulcoease twice a day to soften the stool & magnesium supplement once a day.
familyguy
Fibre Addict

Postby Paininthebutt2017 » 14 Oct 2017, 08:38

LemonMan wrote:Hi Familyguy, Too early for me to say, but I feel there has been a slight improvement in pain levels. As far as depth penetration is concerned it depends who you believe. Some studies I've read have suggested only a few millimetres, whereas others reckon 3-4 cm and more. Some of the trials are encouraging but some Doctors think it's a placebo at best. I think the main thing is it can't do any harm, and if it works for you then great!

Not much help I'm afraid. Good news is you are using rectogesic before your fissure has gone chronic, so you're in with a chance of healing it in the early stages.

Good Luck, LM

Hi Lemonman, did the light therapy help??
Thanks!
Paininthebutt2017
Salt Bather

Topics: 1