Hi New Member Here Who Needs Help

Anal Fissure or Not

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi New Member Here Who Needs Help

Postby AnxiousRN » 25 Sep 2017, 18:14

I currently have an anal skin tag which I believe is from an anal fissure from before. Recently, Im having large dry BMs. One time I had a BM and felt something tore along my anus. It was painful. There was a spec of bright red blood on the TP. And there was a light streak of blood on the stool. A few days ago, I had another large BM and i had again blood on the TP but this time it was more blood than before. It eventually stopped after a few wipes. But my anus felt sore, and there was stinging pain after the BM. I did sitz baths after. Today, I had BM, it was normal size but again I felt something tearing again while I pooped. There was no blood on the TP but when I stood up after a sirz bath, there was blood in the water. I tried to view my anus using my phone and I see a very small spec of red along the anal wall, it seems like theres blood on it. Could this be an anal fissure? I need help how to cure it naturally. My doc gave me hydrocortisone cream with analgesic but im afraid to use it often. It can cause the anal wall to thin out right?
AnxiousRN

Topics: 1

Re: Hi New Member Here Who Needs Help

Postby familyguy » 26 Sep 2017, 01:27

Hi, sorry to hear about your pain.

What strength is the hydrocortisone? I saw a dermatologist a few months ago for my youngest boys eczema. The dermatologist said they come in 3 potency grades. Mild - 0.5 - 1 % strength. Medium 2 % & strong (can't recall the strength). He said mild was safe to use for very long periods of time without any risk of skin thinning. Most are mild potency without prescription.
familyguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby AnxiousRN » 26 Sep 2017, 01:43

Hi thanks for the reply. Im here at work but I can check it out tomorrow when I come home. Looking at my symptoms, do you think this is really a fissure?
AnxiousRN

Postby familyguy » 26 Sep 2017, 02:20

Sounds like it could be. Bright red blood indicates trauma - stinging afterwards. Did your DR do an examination to check for AF? If you're having hard dry stool I would suggest increasing your water intake, cut down on caffeine & alcohol. Consider a stool softener - available without prescription. I use psyllium husk from Holland and Barrett. It's soluble fibre. Also magnesium - apparently most people are deficient. Magnesium helps with muscle spasms & softens stools. It can take a little trial and error to get your diet right as everyone is different. What works for one might not work for another.
Good luck
familyguy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby AnxiousRN » 27 Sep 2017, 04:32

So I checked the Hydrocortisone cream I am using. The strength is 2.5%. I havent been to the doc recently. The cream was prescribed to me a 2 months ago for hemorroids and fissure. I saw a GI surseon 2 weeks ago for an anal skin tag I want removed. She just looked at the tag buy did not do an internal exam.
AnxiousRN