Botox: full or local anaesthesia?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox: full or local anaesthesia?

Postby waves » 02 Oct 2017, 12:55

Just a little update from my side.
I just had the botox injections about 7 hours ago.

I was so nervous about it. But it was much easier to bear than I thought.
I had to sit in one of those gynecological chair more or less naked with some airy medical pants that has a hole where the butthole is. There was the senior doctor and a very good looking assistant doctor ("nooooooo") and a nurse.

Yeah so before the operation I took 800mg Ibuprofen in the morning and lubed up my hole with Lidocaine cream to numb it a bit beforehand. The doctor also applied some more of that cream before I got the anaesthesia injections. This was actually the most painful part. Getting those anaesthesia shots. But it was bearable, nothing compared to my acture fissure last year.
She touched around with the finger to feel the fissure while I was getting numb down there. After she located the fissure I got the botox injections (I think it was 100 units in total). I almost didn't notice those injections.
She then found some condylomas (I had a surgery 3 years ago to remove some condyloma and back then they told me it might be that they grow back) so she suggested to freeze them away while they're at it. So the good looking assistant doctor froze away the condyloma.
She said the hard skin I can feel (which I thought it's scar tissue of the fissure) were actually the condyloma and not the fissure. She said the fissure seemed already to have healed quite well.
So she said there will be new and soft skin grow underneath the frozen and hard condyloma tissue. Also she said since the fissure already seems to have healed quite a bit it should turn out well with the botox.

I had to sit on a chair for 20 minutes before I was released. I could go home right away and had no pain or any after effects whatsoever.
Just had my first BM since the hospital and everything went smooth and no blood.

Doctor said I might have some pains tomorrow or so when the anaesthesia wears off so I can just load me up with Ibuprofen until the pain has vanished.

I'm hopeful that I finally can close this horrible chapter in my life before 2018.
waves
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Oct 2017, 14:01

Well done you glad it wasn't too bad....yes I often wonder why the good looking ones show up at the worst times lol
I'm sure this will do the trick and you will be fissure free by 2018. You may be a bit sore for a few days but when the Botox kicks in it will feel great.
Good luck for a smooth recovery
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby patience_and_healing » 03 Oct 2017, 11:36

Happy to hear that all went well! Wishing you a quick recovery.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby waves » 03 Oct 2017, 13:09

Thanks. I hope that will be my last time seeing a doctor about my fissure (except the checkups).
So far I don't feel anything. No pain, no numbness, no blood (they said I might be bruised in my butt from the needles). Only got a headache since the procedure (36h now).
waves
Salt Bather

Postby Harper05 » 04 Oct 2017, 06:45

I am feeling like botox might be my next option after 3 LIS's.. What is the recovery like? I am not sure I am ready for another recovery period..
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28

Postby waves » 04 Oct 2017, 06:52

@Harper05 three LIS? holy sh*t.... for me not even one LIS is an option. Every single doctor I've spoken to strongly discouraged me from getting a LIS. They all (independently) said that LIS really is the last option if everything else fails.

For the botox, today I had some blood in the toilet after BM. But my doc already said that I'm probably are going to have some bruises inside from the needle which will result in some bleeding. so I guess that was that. Other than that I can't tell much more as the botox (apparently) takes a few weeks until it fully works.
waves
Salt Bather

Postby Harper05 » 04 Oct 2017, 08:37

We're you able to do stuff after the Botox? I am really active and don't want to be laid up again!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby waves » 04 Oct 2017, 08:41

I had to sit in a chair for 20 minutes after the injections and then was released. Drove home with my bicycle and it was no problem at all. Could immediately so anything I liked right after I got home. No problems at all. Also no incontinence or flatulence experienced until today.
waves
Salt Bather

Postby Harper05 » 04 Oct 2017, 13:28

That's good to hear. And good to hear you can hop on a bike right afterwards!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby waves » 04 Oct 2017, 14:16

yeah that was absolutely no problem with the bicycle :-) also the following days I was riding my bicycle every day with zero pain (although my fissure wasn't painful every day before the botox, just occasional flares).
waves
Salt Bather