Life changing fissure my diary

Things I am trying

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Life changing fissure my diary

Postby Lizinpink » 21 Nov 2017, 17:25

So I've been good!!!!
A few spasms in mornings but I lay down relax and they go after about an hour. I'm taking magnesium and tumeric and maybe it's just actually getting better but I'm sure the magnesium has helped. Still on 30ml lactulose every night and popping s few dolcoease during the day. I'm in no way healed, but feel more posstube that I'm on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed!!!!
I've had almost a week now of good days. I hope this is coming to an end, it would be amazing after 6 months almost of agony x
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby yenrac » 21 Nov 2017, 23:32

Lizinpink wrote:Yenrac good luck with your appointment, I've considered it on many occasions. Saying that I've had a few good days, but it's still an option for me. Let me know what they say X

Had my appointment today. I was pretty pain free today before going into the appointment.

The CRS performed another digital examination and it was extremely painful. More painful than my first one. I could not sit down the rest of the visit.
I asked him if he could see anything and he said no, but he could feel it was extremely tight. He said my symptoms are classic fissure and that he's 98% sure that is what it is.

After that visit I scheduled a LIS.

He said they will perform an examination under anesthesia before the actual LIS. The CRS said my only regret will be waiting so long to do it. EVERY bm since June 2017 has been painful. Blood has come and gone throughout that time.

I'm a little nervous but I'm less scared than I thought I would be. Just ready to get this mess over with.
yenrac
Fibre Addict

Postby Lizinpink » 25 Nov 2017, 07:29

I'm still very good, which is such good timing as had family stuff going on. I don't know how I'd get on if it was a month ago as I was bed ridden some days!
The only thing I'm doing different is magnesium, I still eat well and also take dolcoease and lactulose. Please let this be the road to recovering!
I'm not fully healed I'm just healing and that's good enough for niw X
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 26 Nov 2017, 05:23

Well that was short lived! I've had so much going on that I didn't take dulcoease yesterday, I ate bad, as in no fruit and veg, I dudnt drink enough water missed the magnesium and lactulose. This morning I had such constipation my BM was huge and lumpy. Took half hour to go and thought would rip my bum and it has made it sore, few spasms but bearable, small tear but bearable at this moment. I was doing so well I just had some things go on out of my control, which have ment I've been up the Hispital all week, so I won't beat myself up about why I'm now in a bit of pain, although I'm pretty pissed off that I have once again gone backwards. Never ending!!!!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 27 Nov 2017, 00:14

Thank god my BM today are softer, yesterday was not great and I had low level pain most of the day. I took all my lactulose , dolcoease and magnesium yesterday and I feel much better this morning after a BM. I just need to religiously take these. Sounds easy enough but when you have other stuff going on and your not hime it's easy to slip into what for others is normal. Eating a bit of rubbish, not taking stool softener and such things.
I'm so pleased with my progress this last few weeks, only a few days of pain and I seem to be healing which I never expected after such a long time. I was determined to heal without surgery but always knew it was not very likely and that surgery was an option.
I'm not out of the woods yet and any change to my routine has a massive impact on my BM which then gives me pain.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 01 Dec 2017, 07:06

I think I'm healed!!!!
Iv had such a good week, the last few days have been almost normal. I detail take my potions and pills but I had no spasms and no pain. I can't tell you how good this feels to be out of the nightmare of constant pain and dreading what the day brings! Fingers crossed it continues as I do know how quickly thus can change if I go back to normal eating and missing my daily dose of lactulose....
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 02 Dec 2017, 02:23

Still good, had BM this morning no pain no spasms, although I can feel I've been, hard to explain, it's like before fissures and you have a poop that's big and your bum hole has been stretched. Weird explanation but only way I can describe it. It doesn't hurt though! I now need to work out how to stay healed, I'm almost back to normal life now although yhh im still wetting the tissue under a warm tap to wipe my bum. I think I'm on maintenance now, how to stay as I am is now my focus. I do think magnesium helped loads, but who knows as I also still take lactulose and dolcoease daily. I need to find out if I can do this safely long term, last thing I want now is a bowel that doesn't work on its own due to overuse of laxative.
Looking back on my diary I've come a long way and hope to never be in that pain again! This forum has kept me sane through the agony days and everything I tried has come from others information on here. I need to not be complacent or I'll be writing very different posts to my last few.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Dec 2017, 09:46

Really happy for you, it great you have managed to heal without surgery. Yes I agree make sure you keep up the maintenance as once you have had a fissure the chance of getting another one does unfortunately increase.
I can’t imagine magnesium long term is an issue as our modern vegetables are not as rich in magnesium as they use to be and I know a LOT of people who have been using magnesium for years to help with migraines
Again well done and fingers crossed it stays this way for you
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Lizinpink » 02 Dec 2017, 17:42

Well for some reason I have slight spasms tonight after saying I'm healed! Nothing major but a low level dull throb not exactly pain, but feels right and defiantly a spasm. I was great up until around 7.30pm when I had a BM that was a little hard, but not massive or solid, then the spasm started. I've taken valerian to relax me, coconut oil supposatries and 30ml lactulose. I can't believe a few hours has made such a difference I don't feel I've tore again so I don't know what's happened!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 04 Dec 2017, 04:03

So I have taken extra lactulose to make sure my BM are very soft, a bit runny but as no cut on outside there's no stinging so it's fine. I can feel my butt is not right but spasms have stopped and it's just inside I can feel slight soreness almost like a feeling of having a bruise. Hard to explain. Not pain just low level irritation feeling. I'm so suprised this happened, one larger more solid poop and I almost ended up where I was weeks ago. Looking back I have been missing a couple of lactulose doses at night but only the odd one and take other stuff so wasn't expecting that!
I read through my diary yesterday to remind myself how bad things were and that I do need to take this little warning on board and not miss anything out. Just hope this is going to pass and not turn into more than it is. At least now I know what to do as my first big fissure I just had no idea about sitz baths even or lactulose I just ate normal and done nothing as I had no idea what it was. This time I'm fully aware and will be following my routine. I never want to go back to where I was !
Lizinpink
Salt Bather