LIS hemorrhoids not treated

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS hemorrhoids not treated

Postby Hopefull123 » 12 Jan 2018, 17:28

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone who has done LIS had a small hemorrhoid but it wasn't treated in ant way, however the fissure healed. I have one small internal hem and I don't think it is a problem, but my doctor wants to do a band ligation with the CRH system. I just do t want any potential complications. The fissure is enough, yet maybe the hem is causing additional pressure and the fissure hasn't healed.
For that matter, has anyone who has hemorrhoids have successfully healed fissures with any methods, but did not treat the hems and they are not much of a bother?
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Re: LIS hemorrhoids not treated

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Jan 2018, 12:54

Hi I have lots of internal and external hems, about 4 of each my CRS said removing so many would probably cause some stenosis so left them. They didn’t impact my LIS healing at all really only the first week where they were swollen but after that it wasn’t a problem.
Lots of people with just one hem especially if it’s a sentinel pile will have it removed as it is next too the fissure. If you feel your hem isn’t impacting your fissure and an internal hem probably wouldn’t then in the end it’s your choice, but equally having just one hem banded shouldn’t really cause extra pain or slow healing.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Re: LIS hemorrhoids not treated

Postby Hopefull123 » 14 Jan 2018, 14:48

Thank you so much, that's good to know. I m going to opt out banding for now because I read some horrible stories here that involve complications. I don't want to risk it. The fissure has gotten under control for the past week l, I have stopped nitro because the higher dose started causing intense burning and pain, so I m just relying on my diet and magnesium. Fingers crossed.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11