Botox

Has anyone had successful Botox in uk ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox

Postby Kate » 12 Jan 2018, 04:01

Hi. First time posting. I’ve had a fissure for 3 months now. I could quite happily have lived with it until I was examined at the hospital in December. Since then I have had dreadful spasms for hours on end. They have eased off slightly now as I have finally managed to make my stools softer. I’m considering Botox but am worried about it as I’ve only read bad reports. Has anyone had any success ? I’m in the uk.
Kate

Topics: 1

Re: Botox

Postby James12340 » 12 Jan 2018, 14:34

Hi Kate,
Botox is a great alternative to LIS. I've had that procedure 2 years ago with full recovery. Before that I had suffered from AF for one and a half years. I've used miralax and enema (when needed) for 8 months after the Botox intervention.
James12340

Postby Bum_UK » 16 Jan 2018, 04:52

I’ve had Botox in the UK (at a private hospital) and I recommend it if you have spasms. Hasn’t your GP prescribed a stool softener?
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Kate » 16 Jan 2018, 08:31

My Gp suggested I try stool softeners but it seemed to take ages to find out what worked for me. I live in fear of hard stools now. I’m a nervous wreck. I’m hoping that now the spasms aren’t too bad I might heal without intervention but from what I’ve read that seems unlikely.
Kate

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Jan 2018, 14:55

I would say that if your having spasms Botox will certainly help heal and not only that really does stop the spasms so the pain is much less. Have you tried any specific creams yet as these may help a lot too.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Ash1988 » 17 Jan 2018, 04:09

Hi Kate!

Just wondering, do you think examination at the hospital made you worse? I have an appointment at the hospital on Friday! And to be honest I’m scared they will make it worse by poking around!

Thanks!
Ash1988
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Kate » 17 Jan 2018, 08:57

The examination definitely made things worse. For the first couple of months I just had pain when I had a bowel movement and nothing the rest of the time. I stopped using rectogesic for a couple of days and I had really bad bleeding and awful pain for one day. I started using the rectogesic again and was better straight away. I went to the hospital a couple of days later feeling absolutely fine. After the examination it was awful. It might be worth asking the doctor if he can interfere as little as possible. If things are really bad for you at the moment I doubt it will make much difference.
Kate

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Jan 2018, 09:43

Hi Ash, the best CRS I had never examined me internally and you are allowed to ask for them not to perform a rectal examination. I have done that on a few occasions.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Ash1988 » 17 Jan 2018, 16:04

Did they give you any good advice at the hospital Kate?
Thanks mypoorbutt, I think that my fissure is quite external so it should be able to be seen without too much poking around I think! Do you think its reasonable to ask them not to do an internal?

Been going on for around 6 months now, have good days and bad, toady is a bad day, but still struggling on!
Ash1988
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Kate » 17 Jan 2018, 16:35

I wasn’t given much advice but I wasn’t really suffering much at the time. I’m going back at the end of February. There is no way he’s sticking anything up me again unless it’s essential. If it shows no sign of healing I expect I will be offered Botox.
Kate