Life changing fissure my diary

Things I am trying

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Life changing fissure my diary

Postby Lizinpink » 18 Jan 2018, 03:48

Doing pretty good, I have had some days when I've missed taking lactulose and thst causes me problems. The BM becomes too solid and lumpy then I end up with what I assume are small fissures as they feel sore and stingy, I get a few spasms for about an hour too. It sounds mad to miss lactose but if I'm out or I've fallen asleep early I dint take it in the evening and I regret it next day. What I don't understand is why the need still, am I going to be on laxatives the rest of my life?!!! It's just crazy. so I'm still battling away here but hopeful that I can continue to have 90% good days. I swear by magnesium it may be coincidence but I'm sure it helped with BM and I didn't realise what an important mineral it was until I read more about it. Also helps to relax the muscles so good for the dreaded spasms! It's helped with my BP too so I'll continue with this for life. When I read back I can't believe what pain I was in and lots of times I tried to post and the post got lost, so there were many more days of agony than I posted.
It's so good to be getting back to a near normal life x
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Lizinpink » 04 Feb 2018, 06:55

Update. Doing very well leading a near normal life again, swear by magnesium, take the odd dose of stool softener or laxative a couple times a week. I do have bad days, though they are just mild pain when pooping or a bit of soreness, stinging. This is usualy when I have eaten particularly bad or not had enough fluid or gone to long not taking stool softener. I'm not sure I'll ever be completely healed and always bare in mind my butt when I'm eating out or away from home.
But on the whole I'm doing great!
I never want to repeat last summer, laying in bed in agony for days so I'm mindful of keeping on top of everything I have to do.
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Feb 2018, 07:30

Really glad to hear your doing so well LP, even some of us who have had the op will always have to think about what we eat as we will always be vulnerable to another fissure
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby wpardue777 » 11 Feb 2018, 22:23

Sounds like you are managing well and reading your diary was insightful..
wpardue777
Fibre Addict

Postby Lizinpink » 22 Feb 2018, 14:23

I have another fissure, I can’t quite figure out where it is or if there are several small ones. The main pain after BM is around my tailbone / top of buttock area. The other less painful area is on the opening of my butt towards the front. The back one feels like pain in my coccyx area, I thought it was just this at first but have realised as the days go by it’s after a BM and must be spasms and have had small amount of pain when going to poop. Back to the trusty old lactose and trying to work out how to keep my BM soft but firm! I’ve had a few hard ones lately even with taking magnesium but I’ve been doing well up till now, it’s a never ending pain in the bum! Literally!
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Lizinpink » 23 Feb 2018, 03:58

I took dulcolax which has made me loose, but I know for sure now the pain in my tailbone area is from pooping hard stools, as today I have a stingy butt with little pain. The last week I’ve had lots of pain after pooping but around my tailbone muscle area which I did not immediately put down to fissure pain until I realised I get the pain for hours after a BM.
Been using Sudo cream on my bum and last week I started using dry toilet tissue for the first time since my original fissure. I am now back to damping the tissue and having olive oil in my bathroom as I often wipe with tissue that has olive oil on back to basics for me!
Today is good so far but it is only 9am and things can change but I’ll remain positive x
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Feb 2018, 10:48

Hi LP sorry you have had a setback hopefully it will heal soon, I wouldn’t recommend ever returning to dry toilet paper, I know I never will and my CRS has told me not too...apparently he’s never used it since he saw someone with a fissure whilst in medical school.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Postby Lizinpink » 02 Mar 2018, 09:50

Thanks MPB and I have not used dry paper since that post!
Update
I’m having a few bad days, nothing like before but enough to make me dread going to the loo!
I now have a huge sore bit of skin towards the front of my butt. I assume it’s a senitile pile, my goodness it’s bloody sore!!!! It’ doesn’t seem to be coming out of my bum hole but is just in front of it? Not sure if it’s just sore swollen skin ....I just I’m terrified I’m going to have a repeat of last year, it’s just one long bloody battle! I think I’m going to do sits baths for a few days :(
Lizinpink
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Mar 2018, 10:07

Oh no i hope it improves soon, yes def start up with the sitz baths again and maybe some cream again. I know how you feel, I was speaking to another member on a different post and Was saying that some of us will always have to be careful and occasionally adjust our life to fit around our butts. It’s not ideal but hey it could be a lot worse.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Lizinpink » 17 Mar 2018, 03:36

I’ve been very aware of my butt! I wouldn’t say I’m in pain but I do get a lot of discomfort and can always feel it. I have a skin tag thing, just checked out the posts on here and seems commen. It’s sore, irritated after a BM and rubs against my skin and underwear. As for fissures, I seem to have days of stinging rather than full on pain. I’m doing really well still if I compare how I was but I still struggle with my BM consistency and that seems to cause my problems. Often I have like a full on hard plug of poop that is lumpy and big and once that’s out the rest is soft and ok. I think I may have a prolapse as it’s as if it’s the wrong shape and I’ve discovered that pushing on the skin between my lady bits and my butt helps. I took lactose a few times lately 30mls and it has helped lots. I’m managing and as long as I stay on top of this I should be ok, I still can’t believe how lucky I was to get rid of my fissure as it had been around 6 months and I had almost lost hope, considering surgery as my next option. My anal tag Is anoying and sore at times but I can live with that, it’s about comparing my life and pain now to what it was and there is no comparison!!!!
I think I’ll be hanging around thus forum for some time yet!
Saying that without thus forum I would never have known how to tackle my fissure and would of felt so alone in pain and it is the most depressing and horrendous pain that thank god I no longer have!
Let’s see what the next few weeks bring x
Lizinpink
Salt Bather