Just had surgery yesterday

Surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Just had surgery yesterday

Postby Garfield6369 » 21 Jan 2018, 08:06

I get the same Eiffel bum. Yesterday I had no pain, but today I had some pain and burning and It goes away after 2/3 minutes. It also feels like its coming from the tag area vs the pain in the first week postop felt like it was coming from the incision site....
Im am so thankful that I dont have the fissure pain and the pain that I experienced after surgery.....
But I am soooo ready to be fully recovered..... i get so nervous before each BM...
Garfield6369
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Eiffel bum » 24 Jan 2018, 09:24

Hi Garfield hope you doing well. How did your post op appointment with CRS go. My post LIS second week is going good got back to office, not started driving yet my office is walking distance from my place so din got the opportunity drive yet. there is still mild ache after Morning bM, rest of the day is okay but that feeling that something is up there in your back is there.
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby Katie » 24 Jan 2018, 10:02

I'm day 9 after my lis all ok I think no blood but there is swelling and brusing and is sore when I go to the toliet as you can feel it passing the wound but I'm so worryed all the time about infection and getting a fistula like I did after my first op
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Katie » 24 Jan 2018, 10:03

How are you both doing x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Eiffel bum » 24 Jan 2018, 10:17

Hi Katie I do get this feeling this feeling during bM that it's passing through the wound, I kinda close my eyes during that time hoping that it don't tear me up again. My doc gave me some antibiotics for first five days so that wound don't get infected and told be to take 4-5 sitz bath each day and keep the area clean and dry and call him if I get a fever so I guess the key is to keep the area clean and sterile and its just easy to say and hard to do. But I have kept up with the routine. Taking sitz bath after each bM with providine iodine solution (Betadine) and keeping those stools soft with strict fissure diet and lots water and softener. I guess the soreness will start reducing with each passing day, it was there for me too for first 8-9 days I hardly moved from bed during that time just took rest all day.
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby Katie » 24 Jan 2018, 10:41

Yes I have been resting since not been out! I have movercol to keep things soft and yes every time I go to the toilet I have been having a shower and keeping clean and dryed and having salt baths!! And I have got a cream to put on it to help not get infection just after having a little feel I can feel swelling/little lump area by the would and it's making me so scaryed x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 24 Jan 2018, 10:42

*wound
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Eiffel bum » 24 Jan 2018, 10:53

It does really get scary if things don't seem normal down there and if it's a lump then may be getting it to the notice of CRS would more helpful now or during your post op appointment.
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict

Postby Katie » 24 Jan 2018, 11:21

It's not a lump it's a swelling I don't get to see my surgeon for three months!!! So will just have to go to my doctor I'm sure it's fine and swollen is normal around the wound I'm just panicking as I have had a fistula before and it's the worse pain ever!!!!! Worse then fissure pain
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Eiffel bum » 24 Jan 2018, 11:28

My goodness worse then fissure pain can't even imagine that. Wish you a quick recovery you already been through so much pain.
Eiffel bum
Fibre Addict