Healed... you will too!!

Healed with Botox---TA DAH...

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Healed... you will too!!

Postby mamafizz » 06 Oct 2017, 09:17

Hello I cannot tell if this has posted or not I hope so..

Just wanted to let everyone know that you will heal.. No matter how long you have suffered, God hears your prayers and will help you through this. We all have life's lessons to learn and you will come through this much stronger. Keep the Faith. I suffered for 5 months with a horrible fissure until I had the courage to get Botox, and then 3 weeks later, Jan 2017 it was healed. It still takes time for the muscles to return to full normal function. But it is soooo much better. NO fissure pain at all. Please know it will go away and that you will be back to your old self.
Things that helped.

Warm baths.. lots and lots.
simple foods, no soda, red meat, fatty foods, no bacon, no chocolate milkshakes. lol
I lost 70 pounds.
Prayers
Music
Diosimin and Hesperidan Supplements.
Rhoid Aid you can buy on Amazon works wonders..
Nitro
Botox 80 percent cure rate. worked for me
deep breathing yoga, mind body practices
We are able to heal ourselves. Our bodies are designed to heal, it is a miraculous process
our cells replenish it just takes time. Stress prolongs it. (Hard not to be stressed when your in so much pain I get it)
Fresh Air
I took some over the counter tylenol, aleve, advil, could not understand why none really took it away but it did help a little bit.
A lot of endurance
Stay Positive Stay Calm and know you will be healed, no matter how long it takes, it will heal and you will be back to your life. That is GUARANTEED..

Here is your survival mantras'

I will not panic
I will rest when I need to rest
I will not feel bad for having to heal.
I will trust my instincts
I will thank God everyday and know that I will get through this
I will know that although it appears that everyone else is living their lives and I am suffering, I know that
I too will be healed and back to normal sooner than later.
No pain lasts forever
Peace Love and Healing to everyone and so many thanks to all those on the forum who help others going this
painful but temporary experience. YOU WILL HEAL!! You will get through this, your pain will go away!!
Keep the Faith! Every little things going to be alright.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Re: Healed... you will too!!

Postby Biloca » 06 Oct 2017, 10:12

:thanx: Thank you so much to post your experience about Botox. I just went yesterday in the Proctologist and he told me the best way is to do the Botox procedure because I'm suffering horrendous pain for 3 months for the third time in my life. I have pain in the moment of BM and after BM for 5 or 6 hours later. After read your post I feel more confident too! Thanks again!

I'm doing nytroglycerin, no red meat, lots of fiber and warm sit bath as well after BM. Praying, positive thoughts, reiki, etc!
Sorry if my English is not good enough... English is my third languag. But I hope you understand my thanks to you and your positive words. God bless us all and everything happens for a reason... that's why after this AF experience everyone in this forum will be stronger and thankful for the life we already have. Obrigada! Gracias! Thanks!
Biloca

Postby patience_and_healing » 07 Oct 2017, 10:43

Thanks for your inspiring post mamafizz! I'm glad that you are doing well and fully healed. Unfortunately for me botox was not the cure that I had hoped for, but hopefully I'll be healed one day.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 26 Jan 2018, 15:17

Hi mamafizz how are you now? Did they also remove the fissure/scar tissue I'm having this done plus Botox in 2 weeks.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby tightbutt5678 » 21 May 2019, 09:04

Great to hear about your experience with botox! I am considering it. Did you have any incontinence issues with gas or stools? How long did the botox last for you?
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby missy moo » 21 May 2019, 15:24

Hey tightbutt5678 I had no incontinence issues but if I ate alot of gas producing foods or had a large bit of gas to pass it would feel very strong and sometimes a bit of gas would slip our here are there but nothing explosive and room clearing my gas slips weren't heard from anyone it was more the small farts that slipped out a few times nothing major this was one of my fears but it's fine I'm going in for more Botox in a week and that's not my fear anymore my fear is the Botox not working. The Botox lasted about 9 months for me and I had it done a year ago it improved my quality of life my fissure isn't sore all day and I don't get the small spasms I used to get throughout the day. Watch my posts if you want since I'm getting Botox in a week I'll be writing about it.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby tightbutt5678 » 21 May 2019, 16:08

Hi missy moo, thanks for replying and indeed I will be following your posts! That is a very long time though, 9 months. My understanding was that it lasted for around 3 months. What was the dosage they gave you? After 9 months of botox, have you figured out why it hasn't healed yet? Or did it reopen?
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 21 May 2019, 17:03

It's healed an reopened every few weeks for nearly 6 years now the Botox can last anywhere from 3 months to 6 months but for some people it lasts longer or shorter for some people it mite not work at all everyone's body is different and takes things differently so it's trial and error today I felt the splitting pain most bms I see blood not sure why it's not healing but most fissures are caused and or don't heal because of a high resting pressure so we need to lower the resting pressure by having lis which is a long term fix or Botox which is a short term fix. I'm open to lis and will probably get it done one day but for now I'll do Botox because I want to have another baby before I potentially get lis.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby tightbutt5678 » 22 May 2019, 02:21

I am considering skipping botox and rather getting the fissurectomy + botox combo. I am thinking that perhaps the scar tissue is preventing my healing. Right now the pain levels are quite low and manageable with baths and rectogesic. I can still work and do most things and am still doing lots of exercise as normal. I don't know if just botox alone will heal me and pain-wise probably won't make a big difference... It's very hard to make a decision when you have no idea how the body will react. I'll never take a healthy butthole for granted again ! :)
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 22 May 2019, 02:51

I thought I was getting fissurectomy and Botox the first time but after speaking to do surgeons they both advised against creating a new wound and they said since my fissure hadn't built up a lot of hard scar tissue that it wouldn't need to be removed
missy moo
King Fissure