Took two doses of macrogol 3350 and still can't poop :c

Constipated after two days of taking macrogol, I'm so desperate rn

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Took two doses of macrogol 3350 and still can't poop :c

Postby Atardecer » 28 Jan 2018, 17:51

Hello everyone.
Unfortunately like most of you, if not all of you, I'm here having a hard time because of an AF ( my first AF)
Background facts:
-25 year old female
-about 10 lbs overweight
- drinking about 2 liters of water every day
- before having an AF I could eat about anything, just drank water and some green tea and I would go to the toilet so easily.

So last week I saw some blood on my toilet paper after I wiped and I got concerned, then the next day there was also blood, so I bought some all bran flakes thinking that would helped. After eating a bowl of all bran about two hours later I went to the toilet and it was horrible. It was the first time in a long time that I had to push that hard. When I finished there was blood on my poop and a large stain on my toilet paper I was so worried and sad.
I went to see a gastroenterologist and this is what he prescribed me:

- diltiazem gel 2%
- hesperidin diosmin tablets
- Macrogol 3350 (17g sachets)

So here's another issue. First time I took macrogol it worked faster than I thought, about 3 hours. It was the most horrible (warning: it's gonna get pretty graphic after this) experience ever.
My stool was so liquid my anus was leaking, at first. I was so afraid to let it all come out that I my sphincter was all tensed out. I was so desperate I about the situation I was about to cry. I had to take several showers it took me about 2 hours going in and out of the toilet to finish pooping.
After that I've been taking for two days in a row and now im constipated, after two days I have not been able to poop. I've been so afraid of making hard stools that Im eating fresh fruits and boiled vegetables (no salt or seasoning) some granola cereal lots of water and still nothing. I'm so desperate because all I have now is constipation, painful cramps, bloating and gas.
Just about last week everything was going wonderful in the toilet and now that I've been eating healthier and I'm taking macrogol I'm super constipated I'm thinking that I might be constipated due to all my stress. But still don't know how to relax my anus :( help

Thank you
<3
Atardecer

Topics: 1

Re: Took two doses of macrogol 3350 and still can't poop :c

Postby patience_and_healing » 29 Jan 2018, 01:40

This sounds really uncomfortable and painful, to say the least. Your body may be reacting the opposite way because of the initial reaction to the macrogol. Have you ever done an enema? It would help things to come out in a softened form so you don't need to worry about a hard BM. Water or saline is supposed to be the safest bet. Another option is glycerin suppositories, but they probably don't move the stuff that's higher up and wouldn't soften as much as an enema.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Atardecer » 29 Jan 2018, 03:34

Oh, I didn't want to do that. I tried that a long time ago and was so uncomfortable. But I guess that I'll have to do it if nothing works :(
Thank you so much for response I'm new here so I Don't know many things. What things work for you about AF in general?
:thankyou:
Atardecer

Topics: 1

Postby hurtinend » 29 Jan 2018, 21:10

In Canada it's called Miralax. It brings more water into the stools, making them easier to pass. Not really a quick laxative. I was told it can take a few days before it starts working. It's designed to take every day for a while.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but you may need to give it more time.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52