frequent Urination & Fissure 28y/o

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

frequent Urination & Fissure 28y/o

Postby Checkdis » 10 Dec 2017, 22:41

Hello I am fairly new to this board but have been doing a lot of research lately on my OAB issue. I am 28 year old male, 224lb. I have been struggling since April 2017 with OAB which has been my number one concern. I have seen a Urologist, had numerous blood work and tests including a MRI. I don’t have diabetes & diabetes insipidus, negative UTI, negative STD’s, normal PSA range, MRI showed no issues with the prostate and bladder. But swelling in the rectum area (no fistula). Bladder is functioning normal from sonogram.

Currently I am taking Amitriptylne 50 ED for anxiety, 12.5 Clomiphine Citrate ED for crashed estrogen low T (hypongoandism), and Myrbetriq 25mg ED for about 3-4 months now. My BP is ~130/80, and BPM resting is 90’s.

My colon rectal surgeon who has been following my fissure issue for some time has recommended I got in for a Lateral Internal Shointerotomy (LIS). I have been having spasms for some time which I thought was my prostate, but from what I have been hearing, a fissure can cause spasms and also cause frequent urination since there are a lot of nerves intertwined in that area.

I am just scared right now pretty much, it has been 8 months trying to figure out my OAB which I never have had before. And I am concerned of the produce. Will this minor surgery complicate me more with my bladder? Has a LIS stopped urges to go?
Checkdis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: frequent Urination & Fissure 28y/o

Postby Bathbomber » 06 Feb 2018, 18:22

Hey I am pretty much in the exact same situation except I’m a few years younger. Did you end up having LIS? I’ve been struggling with a fissure and frequent urination for some time now. I’ve alrwqey tried Botox for the fissure and it hasn’t helped. Worried that my doctor will suggest LIS next.
Bathbomber
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Checkdis » 06 Feb 2018, 18:51

Bathbomber wrote:Hey I am pretty much in the exact same situation except I’m a few years younger. Did you end up having LIS? I’ve been struggling with a fissure and frequent urination for some time now. I’ve alrwqey tried Botox for the fissure and it hasn’t helped. Worried that my doctor will suggest LIS next.

The LIS is totally worth it. It took me 5 weeks to feel normal again. I didn’t take the perks, but make sure you finish the Valium. It may take up to 6months to a year for the fissure to be completely healed. And any nerve damage takes up to 8 months to heal maybe more. It will get better, I struggle some days but 2mg of Ativan saves me.
Checkdis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Bathbomber » 06 Feb 2018, 19:40

Ive had multiple fissures in the past that have all cleared up on their own within a couple months. With these fissures I would usually have some bleeding and pain. This time I haven’t had any bleeding at all but I’ve been having really bad rectal pain for about 5 months. I went to see my CRN and he confirmed that I have a “superficial fissure.” I don’t understand how a superficial cut with no bleeding could be taking this long to heal and produce so much pain. I’m not sure if LIS would even be appropriate for my situation but I will see what my CRN has to say when I follow up with him.
Bathbomber
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5