High anal spinchter pressure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

High anal spinchter pressure

Postby Elle1007 » 08 Feb 2018, 14:45

Anyone know how to reduce anal spinchter pressure?
Elle1007
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: High anal spinchter pressure

Postby William2 » 08 Feb 2018, 18:40

Dilation. It has done wonders for me. Just be careful and start out slowly (both with dilator size and insertion), especially if you have a fissure.
8/09 - 12/10: fissure, cured by LIS/fissurectomy
1/17 - present: fissure/hemms, healed but pain remained, 3 CRSs (nifedipine, infrared coag) were no help, cold dilating >= 1" helped but still have pain when sitting
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 24

Postby Hopefull123 » 08 Feb 2018, 18:48

Hey William, I started yesterday with my finger and after 5 min in it felt like things get looser and I can go in further. But at some point I am feeling something like a closed ring . Are these further up muscles. I suppose I should not push any further, but I wonder how much in should we go. This morning I had no pain nor bleeding although the BM was larger due to my phsyllium husk intake. I didn't have immediate burning and spasms after like I usually do, but mild spasms came about an hour later. I think this is working. Let's not jinx it.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Elle1007 » 08 Feb 2018, 18:59

Wow. Great news, Hopeful. I guess I need to look up dilation. Thank you, William.
Elle1007
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby William2 » 09 Feb 2018, 07:25

I think the inner "ring" is the top of the sphincter muscles. I've been holding the dilator there for a few minutes once I get there. Stretching those muscles seems to trigger the impulse to push the dilator (or your finger) out, so be careful. It took me a few weeks to get to that point, but it sure made a difference when I did. I used to get blood and sharp pain with BMs daily, but I haven't had blood in 4 days and the last 2 days have had significantly less pain.
1/17 - present: fissure/hemms, healed but pain remained, 3 CRSs (nifedipine, infrared coag) were no help, cold dilating >= 1" helped but still have pain when sitting
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Feb 2018, 11:30

Hi William
Do you still have gems and if so how do they react to the dilation. I would like to give it a try but I have 4 external and 4 internal hens do I’m a bit worried
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby William2 » 09 Feb 2018, 17:04

I assume you mean hems? ;)

Yes, I still have 3 internal hems (as far as I know). They really haven't been a problem. I sometimes get sharp, but not strong, pains on insertion. However, I've become convinced that those are from the muscles as they stretch. I've definitely never seen blood.

Use lots of lube and be slow and careful. If you feel pain from the hems, stop. Also, you should probably start with small-ish dilators. I started with 13mm and now use 18mm. People with fissures should probably start much smaller.
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hurtinend » 09 Feb 2018, 19:52

where do you buy dilators?

Is there any concern that the dilator could get stuck up the rectum?
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Hopefull123 » 09 Feb 2018, 20:45

My index finger is about 18 mm. I like using it as supposed to dialator, because you can feel things inside, know how far in to go, and can really control the circular motions. It is not as bad as I thought. It s actually relaxing and you feel happy when after 5 minutes you can feel the muscles loosening and not tightening and pulsing around your finger. I feel like a doctor, analyzing things lol. I have great results, it's been 3 days.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Mypoorbutt » 10 Feb 2018, 09:24

Oh dear yes I certainly meant hems lol
Oh I may try the smallest one then as I just assumed a dilator would put strain on the hems, I can insert my index finger and do use the circular motion with no pain but I can obviously feel my hems with my finger and know where to avoid.
I have been doing that with my finger for months but not every day and probably only for 5 mins max. I obviously need to be much more strict and set time aside,
I’m going to try and buy the small dilators and see how I go as I couldn’t have another LIS till July anyway due to work commitments
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20