Fed up of antibiotics

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fed up of antibiotics

Postby patience_and_healing » 14 Feb 2018, 12:11

My first fissure in 2016 was caused by antibiotics that I took for my chronic skin condition (hidradenitis, if anyone cares to know), and now I've been given a ten day course of them once again, and my bum is back to being sore from unpredictable BMs. I'm so fed up of these damn pills ruining my healing process. I used to only have pain on the posterior region, but now I've been having regular pain in the anterior region, and I'm so worried that I have another fissure there. This emotional rollercoaster is unbearable sometimes and makes me nuts. Sorry for the rant but I don't think anyone really gets it except the people on here. :gah:
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: Fed up of antibiotics

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Feb 2018, 12:26

I sympathise with you I really do...I’m in a similar situation the meds I take to control my crohns hurt my liver so I have to come off them periodically...then my crohns flares and I now have a new fissure thanks to the latest flare. It’s so awful when our body seems to work against us in our healing.
I haven’t dared take antibiotics since 2015 when I got my fissure as they cause me uncontrollable diarrhoea.
I’m assuming antibiotics are your only option for your skin condition
It’s unbelievable the mental anguish a fissure can cause as we are constantly weighing things up and trying to pick the best option for our fissure.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby patience_and_healing » 14 Feb 2018, 12:43

Thanks MPB. I'm constantly weighing things up everyday, like you said, and trying to take myself down the best possible route. I'm taking a lot of probiotics which have stopped the diarrhea, but they have caused wider than usual BMs, which are soft, but put a strain on the area.

I take hormonal control medication for my skin, but for some reason, the past month and a half it's been flaring up so the doctor thought it would be helpful to do a short course and calm things down. Time will tell if it will prove to be worth all this trouble. I just hate them so much, I wish I hadn't started the course at all, but then I'd probably be running to the doc every week for injections to calm my skin down.

By the way, have you tried VSL probiotics? I have found them to be very effective in counteracting what antibiotics do to my stomach.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Feb 2018, 13:24

Ah yes it’s hard to know what to do for the best. I took probiotics years ago but they always upset my digestion for the first few weeks and since my fissure I haven’t dared to start them again. They never really proved much help but that was a while ago and they may have got better, I can’t take any that have lactobacillus in them as I react to that quite bad.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20