When and how did your Botox kick it ?

Botox and waiting

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

When and how did your Botox kick it ?

Postby missy moo » 14 Feb 2018, 17:01

Hi I had Botox 3 days away things are the same as before Botox so I'm just wondering for those of you who had Botox weither it worked or not, how long did it take to kick in and how did it feel when it kicked in how could you tell? :thanx:
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Re: When and how did your Botox kick it ?

Postby Canttakethis » 15 Feb 2018, 09:14

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post Botox for me and I do not feel any better. In fact, I feel worse. I still have spams and now it hurts more when I go to the bathroom; and I am having bleeding which I haven’t had in ages. I think the procedure itself made my fissures worse. My dr said IF it was going to work I should start to feel something by 5-7 days and by 2 weeks it should be in full effect. I am trying to remain positive, but at this point I am thinking it is not going to help me. : ( I have had two CAF for 14 months. I attribute most of my problem to the fact the my GP misdiagnosed me with hemmorhoids (which I didn’t have) and I never saw a CRS or got any meds or knew about sitz baths, fiber, stool softeners, etc. for the first couple months and by then it was already chronic and too late. And that dr didn’t do Botox so I switched to another and didn’t get the Botox until this had been going for a very long time. So I might not be the typical case. My dr said he can try another round of Botox but not for three months. I can’t imagine months more of this pain but I’m trying not think about it. Hope your Botox kicks in and you feel better soon.
Canttakethis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: When and how did your Botox kick it ?

Postby missy moo » 15 Feb 2018, 16:02

My fissure is also chronic I've had it for 4.5 years and only just had Botox so my has been left a long time also. The procedure is tough it caused me another fissure but that was from him looking around with a scoop checking for anything else. I would do another round of this doesn't work. Did you also have the fissure/scar tissue removed?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37