New here

Hi

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here

Postby Pinklotus903 » 15 Feb 2018, 16:24

Hi
I had my first fissure almost 3 years ago. Painful...but healed on its own with just a bit of cream. Well, it came back at Christmas and it has been 2 months of hell. I spend most the day in bed now. 2 kids, 5 and 8 years old :( i tried cream, suppositories... I had LIS 8 days ago. I also had hemorrhoidectomy (spelling?). Had I just had LIS i am sure i would feel further along healing... 8 days out i am gradually improving as each day passes..but i am impatient...and anxious. Xanax has helped me. I am not bleeding so much anymore, but this is all so new to me. Thankful this board exists. I have been lurking for weeks now!!!
Pinklotus903
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: New here

Postby dmcff » 16 Feb 2018, 03:34

Welcome to the board. Anxiety and depression unfortunately often accompany AF, and in my view need to be dealt with as part of the condition. I'm so sorry you have had such a difficult time lately, and hope that things now continue to improve for you. You seem to have tried several of the available surgical and medical solutions (have you had Botox?), so I'm not sure what to advise. In my own case I've found it helpful to approach the condition as a pelvic floor problem, which can be aided by physical therapy - exercises, rest, diet, counselling. That way there's more of a slow, methodical plan for healing, and less anxiety and urgency. You might want to talk to your CRS about getting a referral to a physio. Just a suggestion, of course, and I am not a doctor.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby Mypoorbutt » 16 Feb 2018, 06:24

Hi,
I’m sure you will continue to improve in the coming days. Your body has been through an operation and although the doctors say it’s minor, our bodies don’t know that.
Keep up with theists baths and painkillers and I’m sure that in a few weeks this will all be a bad memory
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby chachacha » 16 Feb 2018, 08:23

I agree. You are definitely in the early days and shouldn't expect to be all better for a while yet. You do say that things are getting better every day though, and that's great, so just hang in and try harder to be patient and I'm sure that you'll be fully better soon.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Pinklotus903 » 16 Feb 2018, 08:29

Thanks everyone. I am pretty certain that specific spot is actually a stitch slowly working its way out. It is more annoying now than anything. I agree about the pelvic floor therapy and once I feel more like myself I intend to start those treatments. :)
Pinklotus903
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4