LIS or botox when pregnant?

LIS/botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: LIS or botox when pregnant?

Postby PreggoAF » 02 Mar 2018, 19:11

I love this attitude, Missy. I can totally relate to what you wrote and feel myself being obsessed with researching fissure cures and looking up symptoms, etc. It makes me even more miserable to dwell on the pain and I think it’s very healthy to focus on healing and other positive things in life. Thanks for sharing!!
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby PreggoAF » 02 Mar 2018, 19:16

Pregnant fellow sisters-in-pain, I wanted to let you know that I booked a C-section today for March 30th. With an anterior fissure that has a very sizable sentinel tag, and still lots of bleeding and pain, both my CRS and my OB thought a C-section was a reasonable choice to make. While a C-section recovery is not easy, it’s more predictable and controlled than what could happen if I have a third or fourth degree tear with my vaginal birth while I have an active anterior fissure. The current plan is to go for LIS surgery a few weeks after my C-section. I’m also moving overseas with my family in mid-June so I have extra pressure to get things fixed before I go. Just wanted to give you the update! I’ll keep you posted!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 02 Mar 2018, 19:35

You are so welcome if I could give advice to you I would say read the book by Louise hay called you can heal your life and or watch YouTube clips I do both an only started about a week ago and I've changed already it's amazing I've plainted the seeds as she describes it an its just what I needed an what most of us need I believe also know your fissure is straight forward it's a cut that should heal within 2 weeks of diet fiber an water if not next step is creams that relax the muscle if that doesn't get rid of it within 6 weeks I would just get Botox some keep doing creams if botox doesn't cure it within 3 months another round of Botox then if that doesn't work more Botox or lis you can in some places skip Botox an have lis but I'd rather give it a go the only important things are
Water intake (always)
Diet (aways) little cheat here an there
Added fiber if needed
Formed soft bms 3-4 on the Bristol chart (always)
Exercise
Being positive (always)
Using your cream 3x a day if using a cream
All other creams lotions and potions can moisten the skin or aid the body but the key steps are above personally I wouldn't bother with anything other then these steps everything else can cause false hope an wastes time fissure need dealing with sooner rather then later I've had mine for 4.5 years. Whether you get healed from diet, creams, Botox, or lis the always steps are a must always most people heal with just the main steps water diet fiber formed soft bms don't worry about the rest seriously!
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 02 Mar 2018, 19:38

Hey that's great do you feel relieved to have a plan set or are you more nervous then anything? You'll be fine either way an lis has such a high success rate are you booked in for it?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Allthepain » 03 Mar 2018, 10:53

I bet it feels good to have a plan in place! In your situation, I think I'd probably opt for the C-section too. I haven't decided for sure what I will do yet, but I think I will likely still have a vaginal birth. I need to have a discussion with my doctors once the time is closer. The uncertainty of it terrifies me, but I figure if it gets worse, I'll opt for the LIS later.

Even though mine hasn't healed in almost a year, I think your situation sounded worse. I'm able to have pain free days at least. I hope all goes well with the C-section and surgery! Keep us posted!
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby PreggoAF » 05 Mar 2018, 09:48

Thanks gals! I see my CRS on the 20th to schedule the surgery. He’s actually the senior partner of my current CRS who is taking off on maternity leave so I hope soooo much that I like him! He’s got a lot of experience so that’s good. And yes, I a mixture of relief and nerves at this point. I’m relieved to have some kind of plan in place, but also worried about how I’ll handle the back-to-back surgeries with a toddler and newborn. Plus, we’re moving overseas in June so it just feels like I have so much on my plate and I’m freaking. The one silver lining is we have a great support system from our family so I can lean on them when the time comes.

How is everyone doing? Missy, your updates sound so positive, like you’re nearly healed. I’ve been trying the Miralax but had to stop because my BMs have become too loose now. Not quite diarrhea but a little explosive at times so I’m trying to find what achieves that perfect BM that helps me heal. What a challenge that is!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Allthepain » 05 Mar 2018, 21:55

Sorry to hear that the Miralax didn't work well for you. It's been such a miracle drug for me! I'm still mostly managing with coffee and these lentil noodles I found that are high in fiber. I've been able to stay off Miralax for about a month. I will probably rely on it after the baby, but I try to use it sparingly if I can. I think I have more low pain days than bad ones at this point, but the bad ones are pretty bad. Bad days are when I'm super constipated and everything just gets stuck halfway with the AF tearing open. I honestly can't imagine birth being worse! It's stressful trying to make sure I always have good bowel movements, but I just try to take it day by day. I have so much more empathy for people with bowel issues... something I'd never given second thoughts to before!

Good luck with the move. I can't imagine all those changes at once! I'll be interested to see how the LIS goes. I'm hoping to never need it, but it will be good to know what to expect. I'll try and update here after I give birth so hopefully others will know what to expect. It's really hard to find info on these things and giving birth.
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Postby PreggoAF » 09 Mar 2018, 18:12

Allthepain, I hear you on feeling stressed out to have good BMs all the time. I feel like it’s difficult to have much spontaneity or even to eat enough because I’m terrified of a slightly hard BM that could make my fissure worse. It’ll be wonderful to not have to worry about these things again one day, won’t it? It’s nice though that you can get by on coffee and a good fiber diet right now. Most of my pregnancy I managed with magnesium and good diet but something triggered the tear as I got bigger. Frustrating! Well, only 3 more weeks left til my C-section and then I’ll have the freedom to get surgery if I need it. Very excited to have more options available to me but I also know it’ll get more difficult to take care of myself after the baby comes. I’ll come here to update too, so that other ladies in our position have the info. I wish there was more out there for gals like us!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby ivf_fissure » 15 Mar 2018, 15:44

Hi ladies, I'm new on this forum and I hope you don't mind my jumping in out of the blue to your conversation. It's hard to find anyone to compare notes with in the specific subset of pregnant fissure sufferers! I'm not pregnant at the moment, but my fissure actually started last year during my second pregnancy (I don't have any children yet, just two miscarriages). Now I'm deep into IVF treatment, and I've been trying to figure out how to deal with my chronic fissure in the context of the IVF and looking ahead to (hopefully) pregnancy again. I have a very basic question for all of you. Was your fissure active/painful around the days/week that you actually conceived? The reason I'm asking is because a couple of the IVF doctors I've spoken to about my fissure are concerned that being in such a high pain state would be a problem for me when doing an embryo transfer. Specifically, that when the fissure is spasming, that this level of pain could set off some kind of inflammatory markers in my bloodstream and that my body would get the message to resist implantation of an embryo. I know this is a little in the weeds and different from what you've all probably dealt with, but I'm just wondering if you did actually get pregnant while the fissure was in full swing. That would help me reason out whether I should be concerned about doing an embryo transfer under such conditions. Thanks in advance!
ivf_fissure

Postby Allthepain » 16 Mar 2018, 21:42

My fissure definitely was not healed when I got pregnant but it had improved enough to where most of my pain was limited to bowel movements. I still had a decent amount of bleeding then so it was kind of like a chronic wound I suppose. I guess maybe it depends on how much pain you are currently in and how severe your fissure is. I've never heard of it preventing people from getting pregnant, and I'm not sure how much of an inflammatory response you are actually getting from what is actually a small (but incredibly painful) wound. Have you tried Diltiazem cream or anything to heal yours? Being pregnant with a fissure is definitely doable but it also makes everything much more difficult. If there's any chance to heal it first I would, but I also understand the desire to be pregnant. Obviously I got pregnant instead of waiting on mine to heal ;)
Allthepain
Salt Bather