fissure and now IBS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

fissure and now IBS

Postby hurtinend » 03 Mar 2018, 20:26

over the last 4 months I have developed IBS. It makes the endless fissure pain worse. Through all the struggles with the fissure, I never experienced bowel pain, it's 24/7 now. Doc thinks it's caused by anxiety.

I don't want to go on.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Re: fissure and now IBS

Postby Hopefull123 » 03 Mar 2018, 20:52

Hi Hurtinend, IBS can be a temporary occurrence due to severe stress. Just do the LIS and put an end to it. Don't be afraid.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby hurtinend » 03 Mar 2018, 21:24

the last time I saw the crs he said the fissure was not visible anymore and there was no procedure to be done.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 03 Mar 2018, 21:38

So there is never bleeding, just muscle spasms?
If you are taking laxatives, stop them, eat normally but take psyllium husk to bulk up the stool and prevent hardening. If you have gone too long with laxatives, your colon and anal muscles may have stopped working properly. You can start doing some self dialation.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hurtinend » 03 Mar 2018, 21:46

Have not been taking laxatives. The only thing I wonder about is magnesium citrate...used to keep me regular but not anymore. I eat high fibre diet, but since the IBS started, I cannot have a normal bm, it's been 4 months.

I guess it's muscle spasm, honestly I don't know anymore, but no blood. Have also been told I have chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 03 Mar 2018, 21:54

The magnesium gave me watery stools. How much are you taking? What us the problem with your BMs . Take one teaspoon of psyllium husk. This type of fiber aids both diarrhea and constipation. It is not like the fiber you eat from food. I highly suggest it.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hurtinend » 03 Mar 2018, 22:00

I take 600 mg per day. My bm's are incomplete, the muscle closes quickly andd I cannot empty. Stools are like ribbons or watery. I take a mixture of chia, flax and bran along with berries and whole grain, this doesn't work.

Guess I'll try the psyllium although I used Metamucil in the past with little success.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 03 Mar 2018, 22:18

Oh yeah, 600 mgs waaay too much. Try to experiment and wean yourself by cutting 100 mg each day. Don't take so much of the other fiber when you start taking the psyllium because it may cause backing up. There has to be a balance for everything. I suggest take one teaspoon of just between breakfast and lunch, and then a half teaspoon between lunch and dinner. Your body may take a little whole to adjust, but I was pleasantly surprised when I started taking the husk that I did not have to make any effort going to the bathroom, yet I felt my actual muscles working and pushing the stool down until fully emptied. I hope this works for you. You just have to find the right dosage for your body because everyone is different. That much magnesium actually can become toxic yo your kidneys and cause all kinds of stomach issues. Do some research about it.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hurtinend » 03 Mar 2018, 22:24

thank you my friend
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Mar 2018, 07:09

I agree I suffer with IBS and magnesium citrate is the worse kind to take it is not easily absorbed and can irritate the gut and like hopeful said your kidneys too. If you are having watery stingy BMs then you obviously don’t need magnesium.
Try and wean yourself off it and if possible try magnesium glycinate which is less harsh on the digestive tract, or foot soaks/baths if you want magnesium to relax your muscle.
The psyllium is great it really helped me with my watery BMs that IBS caused, stress is a known trigger for IBS and maybe you could see about some mindfulness or hypnotherapy to help you relax
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20