Chronicles of my AF and LIS

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Chronicles of my AF and LIS

Postby mmklinemm » 15 Mar 2018, 12:42

Day 9: I was a bit uncomfotable most of the day. No pain with BM. I think the discomfort is due to all the coughing.

Day 10: Again, no pain with BM. I don't seem to any incontinence issues. I felt like I needed to go while out and was able to make it the 30 minutes it took to get home.

After urinating yesterday, I felt a slight burning. I didn't think anything of it and only noticed it the one time. It happened this morning, too, so I took a look with a mirror. I have some kind of sore or ulcer just inside my vagina on the right-side wall. Seriously? I feel like I have been sick or in some kind of pain for months now. Which I don't understand because I am a pretty healthy person. Could this be an abcess? I used the search box but didn't find any posts describing like what I see. I don't think I can take anything else. I'm going to see the GYN tomorrow. I have been very diligent with at least 4 sitz bath each day. I add a little epsom salt to the hot water, that's it. And I clean the basin with bleach water after each use. I can't handle an abcess or fistula or more surgery.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby patience_and_healing » 15 Mar 2018, 18:13

If it's inside the vaginal canal then it could be a bartholin cyst, but I hope it's just a simple boil that will go away with hot compresses. I hope your gynecologist will have a helpful treatment to give you. :smilyhug:
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby mmklinemm » 15 Mar 2018, 19:44

Thank you for the hugs and encouraging words. I had a couple of good cries over this today. Google is a scary place. Bartholin cyst was the least frightening thing I found! On a positive note, I feel like I'm healing pretty well from the LIS and my cold is a little better.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby patience_and_healing » 15 Mar 2018, 23:14

Yay for your healing and cold getting better too. :) Did you get an appointment to see your gynecologist?
patience_and_healing

Postby mmklinemm » 16 Mar 2018, 05:29

They were able to fit me in at 3:15p today. I'll let you know how it goes.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby mmklinemm » 16 Mar 2018, 19:13

I'm relieved and confused. It's definitely not an abcess, fistula, or LIS-related. I saw a nurse midwife because my usual doc wasn't available. She thinks it's either HSV (had to google to find out that means herpes) or a reaction to the epsom salts or bleach residue left in my sitz bath basin. I'll get test results in 2 or 3 days. It can't be herpes. My husband and I have been monogamous for 15 years. I can't find anything about the virus laying dormant for that long. Neither of us have ever had any kind of symptoms. I'm sensitive to everything, so it's got to be the salts or bleach. She wanted me to start an antiviral even though she can't know for sure until the test is back. I'm not comfortable with that. I'm going to stop using salts and rinse out my bath extra carefully. This sucks.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby patience_and_healing » 17 Mar 2018, 01:11

If it's just one spot, I highly doubt that it's herpes. Sometimes the herpes virus that causes cold sores can end up in the genital area, but that's rare too. Does it have a head or is it a blind boil?

I had an epithelial cyst on my perineum a few years ago that drained and returned several times over three months. After visits to a nurse and gyn who were clueless (and tested it for herpes, which I couldn't possibly have), I went to a dermatologist who injected it with a steroid, and it disappeared the same day. You could try seeing a dermatologist, they're more knowledgeable than gynecologists no matter where your problem area is located. Just try not to poke at it because that might inflame it further. Hugs to you!
Last edited by patience_and_healing on 20 Mar 2018, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
patience_and_healing

Postby mmklinemm » 19 Mar 2018, 20:57

I haven't gotten the test results back yet, but the sore is almost completely gone already. Everything I read said I should be in agony for weeks without medication.

Day 14: I haven't felt any pain in days, just some minor discomfort right before BMs. Discharge from the incision site stopped 2 days ago. I've been able to sleep on my back the last 2 nights - yay! I feel an occasional itch or pinch. Mostly it just kinda feels like there's something "off" with my bum.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby patience_and_healing » 20 Mar 2018, 11:37

Glad to hear that the darn thing has disappeared! Things will only improve for you from now on, I'm sure.
patience_and_healing

Postby mmklinemm » 27 Mar 2018, 07:19

The test came back negative for both types - yay!!!

3 weeks: I feel about 95% back to normal. I'm still getting some discomfort just before BMs. I think it's probably where she removed the internal skin tag or papilla. Hopefully that will heal soon and all will be back to normal. I find that I am exhausted at night, probably due to the healing and the last bit of this cold that won't leave me alone. I'm so ready to be healthy, again!! I feel well enough to resume walking in the mornings, but I'm going to wait until after spring break. I'm still applying Vaseline first thing in the morning and doing 2 or 3 sitz bath a day.
mmklinemm
VIP