Feeling trapped...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Feeling trapped...

Postby Mae2 » 18 Mar 2018, 13:58

Hi... some of you may remember me from awhile back as Mae... I can't remember my password so now I'm back as Mae2

My story is, I've been dealing with this problem since 2014... I have no idea if it's the same fissure over and over or if I keep getting new ones... I've only ever tried diet/lifestyle changes because I have anxiety and only ever went to a Dr in the beginning :(

If I were to guess though, I'd say it's the same fissure reopening since it always *feels* like it's in the same place (I can't see it when i try to look)

Anyway, I have recurrences every so often. I always kinda assumed that it closed up and there was just sensitive skin there that would re-tear every few months... because in between I would have zero symptoms.

But now I've been starting to wonder if maybe the wound is always there, always open... and I just don't feel it in between "recurrences"... could this be possible?

If that's the case, it terrifies me... having an open area like that for years...

I finally got the courage to schedule with a CRS because I would like to try ointments....

But does anyone think it could just be open all the time without ever fully closing? Isn't that dangerous? It has been since Nov 2014

I feel so scared and trapped and i hate myself sometimes because i feel like i will never be normal again :(
Mae2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Feeling trapped...

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 14:18

It's possible that the wound keeps opening and closing. You need to ask your CRS how deep it is and if it has any scar tissue build up. Mine was top deep to heal even with ointments, I ve tried nitro and diltiazem for two months each but nothing worked. I did LIS and everything healed on 3 weeks. I would have done it earlier if I knew it was so simple with very minimal
risks. Don't be afraid of the surgery and get your life back.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Mae2 » 18 Mar 2018, 14:22

What's it like after LIS? How do you go to the bathroom?
Mae2
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 14:43

You feel more intense pain the first three days, but they give you pain killers. I only took them the day of the surgery. The first BM was challenging, I had to push to get it started but there was bleeding only from the incision side. The fissure pain was gone since day 1. General pain and discomfort last about 3 weeks. This is nothing compare to the daily fissure pain you live with. Your CRS will also do fissurectomy which is to clean up the wound edges and remove scar tissue to promote fast healing
This takes about one minute. The whole procedure is done in 15 minutes.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mae2 » 18 Mar 2018, 14:46

I would definitely try that first! And I'll definitely ask the CRS if there's scar tissue. I know i have a skin tag, do you mean more than that? (The skin tag was there pretty early on and it was there when I saw the dr and he still described my fissure as "not that bad" when i asked "Does it look really bad??")
Mae2
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 14:52

Well, the fact is that it is not healing. Try the ointments first for 4 weeks and then discuss with him a surgical option.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 14:53

If your skin tag is large he can remove it, I don't want mine removed because it is small like the size of my pinky fingernail.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mae2 » 18 Mar 2018, 14:55

It "heals" for months at a time (I mean I have no symptoms whatsoever) but then I get really stressed at work or something, and it comes back. This time it was stress, then it became asymptomatic for a month but then I ran out of my probiotics and i think that's what set it off this time. Blah...

My skin tag isn't too big. It never really bothers me and I don't feel it.
Mae2
Fibre Addict

Postby Mae2 » 18 Mar 2018, 14:56

My fissure has gone like 4-6 months in the past wihout symptoms. But I can never seen to go an entire year
Mae2
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 15:02

Do you let yourself get constipated when it starts again. To avoid that take psyllium husk daily.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist