What is the best long term softener?

Apart from movicol anything else

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: What is the best long term softener?

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 16:53

I think the only solution is leading to your period to start taking maybe 400 to 500 mg magnesium citrate, since this is the most natural softener and go for a week.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 16:54

But I still think this is related to extra tight sphincter due to entire pelvic floor tightening during PMS. I still think if you do LIS this will not continue happening. You may get harder stools, but not that extreme. At least this is what happened to me.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 18 Mar 2018, 17:12

Thank you hopeful you don't know how much it means to me to have your advice your so knowledgeable an that's something this experience for me is missing I can't even talk to doctors about it because as you know from my experiences they don't understand why it's not healing they all say the same thing an some don't even know what a fissure is I had a doctor tell me the only way they fix a fissure is to stretch it uncontrollably with the Lord's procedure and another 1 that I told I mite need lis she said what's lis I told her it's where the cut the muscle slightly she said no no one does that that will make you crap your pants! I don't have any crs to talk to either unless I make an appointment an see them in 6 months one of which is the one that did the botox, I haven't got much to work with here so thank you hopeful I'm still considering my next move as it's a big next step if I lived in a big town this would be easier.
Last edited by missy moo on 18 Mar 2018, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 17:40

I know it's frustrating yo find the right doc to guide you properly. My GP first scared me with the ointments saying people fall down, and with LIS there is a chance of incontinence. No statistics though, so I know what percentage. He said do sit baths, drink water and increase fiber. Well, that did not work and I was left for months like that making my fissure chronic.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 18 Mar 2018, 17:58

That's basically what happened to me i was then given rectogizic which gave me chronic head aches no doctor in my town knew about or offered diltiazem or nefidipine.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 26 May 2023, 17:50

Thought I should come back and update anyone who reads this. I would consider myself 90% healed now not from a cream, surgery or anything outside of me. I worked on myself mostly self-love I learnt to appreciate my body and see no parts as unclean or gross. I learnt to be appreciative of my bum I even thanked it for the first time in my life I started to see it as apart of me I connected with it. If this sounds strange to you that's a sign that you also need to do this haha. It could be what works for you. There's a few things that I believe got me to were I am now.

1. I stopped looking for help outside of myself
2. I stopped seeing others as bigger then me, in terms of giving power to everyone else and seeing myself as being in need of other to save me.
3. I loved myself for the first time inside and out
4. I talked kindly to myself and my body
5. I looked into other people who healed themselves.
6. I started to have gratitude for myself my body an things in my life.
7. I looked after myself, by doing things I loved, taking time out, moving my body, and eating for fuel and healing as well as having little happy treats sometimes.

8. Meditation or just sitting with myself in silence being present.

9. I read a book by Louise Hay called you can heal your life and more recently I've been following and reading books by the medical medium.

I hope everyone finds healing from within as this is the key even if you get surgery still work on yourself to create internal harmony. I decided to write this because I've had alot if people reach out to me over the years and I wanted to give back. For 8 years I had a fissure I got botox twice, heaps of creams, fiber, cut things out of my diet, cried, begged, gave up emotionally a few times, I felt punished and thought my body was broken an didn't work properly why me I asked why is my life like this.

Well I've found its alot to do with our mindset, gratitude, self love, how we feel about ourselves and what we say and think about ourselves and our lives that plays the biggest part in how our bodies do and how our lives play out in general.

Please feel free to reach out. I really hope someone hears this and can heal once and for all. Take care of yourselves. Love to all
missy moo
King Fissure