Anal Fissures

3 Anal fissures please help!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal Fissures

Postby Pixie1146 » 29 Mar 2018, 06:56

I am a 20 year old female who is fit and healthy. I acquired my first fissure 2 years ago as a matter of being 'small' down there and having thin skin. Since, i have had 3 botox and fissurectomy treatments which have helped for no more than a month. I have reasonably soft stools, i take lactulose every day, I've tried GTN cream and proctoedyl ointment and have salt baths but nothing seems to help. i am currently using sudocream to see if this helps at all. As soon as one fissure starts to heal another begins to attack. i am not bleeding after very BM but every single one is agony. It's having a massive impact on my quality of life. i would have the LIS surgery but as i am too young and have not had children yet, this isn't an option for me. Please if anyone has any advice on how they cured themselves or what worked for you then let me know!

thanks in advance :)
Pixie1146

Topics: 1

Re: Anal Fissures

Postby HopefulRebecca » 29 Mar 2018, 10:28

Hi Pixie - what about your diet? As a young person myself, surgery is not an option for me, either. So, I have turned to changing my diet. Every person is different, but for me, what works is to take out most of the gluten/bread products I used to eat in the past. It has definitely helped ease the pain in general (because my BMs tend to get bulkier and not as easy to pass when I eat gluten).

Also, these things take a long time to heal. For me, if I have a really painful BM, it takes about 5-6 weeks for a fissure to close up, but honestly I've heard it can take a full 2 years for a fissure to completely heal. It's a sensitive area. So, my plans are to keep this diet going strong for those 2 years to see if I can really knock this out.

Also, have you tried coconut oil and manuka honey? Those have really worked for me, and they are both natural products.

I hope this helps in some way, and my heart goes out to you during this health challenge!
HopefulRebecca
Fibre Addict

Re: Anal Fissures

Postby Pixie1146 » 29 Mar 2018, 12:53

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you so much for the reply! I've changed my diet completely and barely eat meat now and just live of lots of veggies and fruit. However, I've not tried no gluten..I guess that could be an option.
I've tried coconut oil in my bath and directly to the area although it doesn't seem to do much.
Pixie1146