Still hurts from time to time after years

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Still hurts from time to time after years

Postby superorange » 02 Jul 2017, 04:36

Hi guys,
I had a chronic anal fissure in 2013. After 6 months of agonizing pain, I had a LIS and in the next day I was cured.
After two years of not being careful with what I ate, one day I had a forced BM and it happened again.
This was 2015. I was devastated. Went to the doctors and applied some lotions. After 2,3 months, doctor said that the anal fissure was cured but it left a small skin there that could cause some pain as well.
He was right, my anus has never been as it was. I've continued to have pain everyday for over a year. Things would improve so little at a time. I bet you know how that is.
I then reached a point where I had months with no pain. But sometimes it still happens. Once I went on a trip and had a hard BM with blood. It hurt a lot like hell for several weeks. Went to see the doctor and he said that if it didn't pass I could have a surgery. I want to avoid that because it's the 2nd time and I don't want to be incontinent, so, as it was healing on it's own I did not chose that.
Now, from time to time, when I have a hard BM, mostly due to my impatience in the bathroom, I have this pain in my anus feeling inflamed and in my leg too (which I find odd). But in 2,3 days it's healed. The problem is that in those days I always feel that that is the time that it's not going to heal and I become frightened and depressed.

I feel that I need closure on this. I think about my BMs everyday in my life. When I'm eating something I start to think: will it hurt tomorrow? Do I need to eat some vegs with this just in case? etc. I feel that it's draining the life out of me.

So I have a question for you guys:
Should I go with surgery? Should I take this for the rest of my life? Is there a cure for this?
Has anyone here has similar issues after a cured anal fissure? What do you do to keep living with a smile on your face even when you know that will happen from time to time? Do you guys have any leg pain like me?

P.S.: I understand that this is not as serious as an active anal fissure but believe me, I know what that is. Twice! :(

Thanks!
superorange

Topics: 1

Re: Still hurts from time to time after years

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Jul 2017, 06:30

That's such a difficult question to answer as everyone is so different
Could you go back to your original CRS and ask his opinion perhaps
I agree no one should have to constantly think about what they eat but unfortunately some people have to for life only you can decide if this is preferable to surgery
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby hurtinend » 02 Jul 2017, 19:36

Sorry

I have been browsing on this site since 2009, this thing can be hard to get rid of. I agree that you should ask the surgeons opinion.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Dcrossman » 02 Jul 2017, 19:44

I just had my second surgery on Friday after 1 1/2 years of being "cured". Im currently miserable but NOTHING compared to the last few weeks. I hesitated too, wondering what issues it might bring later in life, but my quality of life was suffering NOW. We all play the what if game, but the reality is THIS is life you have now. How do you want to live it? For me, I wanted relief to live my best life now. I may die long before I develop issues from this.
Dcrossman

Postby Payne4me » 17 Jul 2017, 17:36

superorange i am curious...if you had LIS surgery why and what would be the purpose of a 2nd surgery?...if you read some of my other posts..LIS surgery is to completely cut the inner muscle of your sphinctor...it wont reheal...the purpose is to allow better bloodflow to the area of the fissure...i think that a fissure can reoccur but dont understand the need for a 2nd LIS....let me know your thoughts
Payne4me
Salt Bather

Postby Vishal » 07 Apr 2018, 15:47

Actually i had an uncomfortable feeling in my leg too. I have a fissure on my right side and my right leg sometimes ache too.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Katie » 08 Apr 2018, 06:28

I have had lis 13 weeks ago I'm not 100% healed yet but I think cos the skin is so soft and thin in the tear area I think your always have sore days here and there I still do! I'm on lots of movercol but sometimes toilet can get a bigger from time to time I was on anti-biotics last week and they really messed me up!!! And I'm still trying to get right from it a week later! Having your muscle cut does not stop you getting tears it just makes healing go faster x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby chachacha » 08 Apr 2018, 09:14

Also, studies have shown that at 12-15 months post-LIS, the inner sphincter regains about 95% of it's strength, but that little difference (5%), should still allow any new fissures to heal fairly quickly.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Katie » 09 Apr 2018, 14:58

Really I did not know this so after a year or so you would have spams back????
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby chachacha » 09 Apr 2018, 16:02

I'm pretty sure that the 5% difference means that you won't. I thought that all of these details were together somewhere on the forum. I will have to search to see if I can find the relevant information.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19