I am new here

Introducing myself

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I am new here

Postby Oh-how-it-hurts » 10 Apr 2018, 18:24

Hello everyone!

I have been reading and lurking for several weeks. This forum is invaluable. I got diagnosed with a fissure last September and used Dialtezem ointment. It gave me a pounding heart as I am sensitive to calcium channel blockers. I ended up going into Afib and being hospitalized. They gave me some calcium channel blockers in my IV and that with a blood thinner kept me going well and it healed. I had a colonoscopy in January and the doc said all was clear and that the fissure was healed.

After that it started to hurt and bleed. I thought it was my hemmorroids. Kept getting worse. Saw the doc again. The fissure is back. Ugh! He wants me to try Nitro. I am so scared of headaches etc. The first one was the wrong strength and I am getting it filled tonight. I love my hot water bottle and use Miralax. I cannot believe how much this hurts and how much my life is affected. Any suggestions and is there anyone who couldn't tolerate the treatments? Thanks so much!!
Oh-how-it-hurts

Topics: 1

Re: I am new here

Postby Hopefull123 » 10 Apr 2018, 18:43

The nitro gave me strong headaches for a few days then they disappeared, but it lowered my blood pressure and I was slightly dizzy all the time. It did not help and in a few weeks i started to get a strong burning sensation, I became too sensitive or it thinned out my skin, so I had to stop it and did LIS to put a stop to the whole ordeal
Best decision I ever made. Don't be scared of potential surgery. No need to suffer so long. Risks are extremely minimal.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Oh-how-it-hurts » 10 Apr 2018, 19:13

Thanks for the encouragement! Yes I may ask my GI doc to refer me to a surgeon soon. I am very sensitive to many drugs.
Oh-how-it-hurts

Topics: 1

Postby Hopefull123 » 10 Apr 2018, 19:21

Sure, I hope quick healing. One more thing, take psyllium husk powder to ensure soft but formed BMs so the muscles are still stretched and they don't loose their elasticity. Also the husk will prevent too watery stools which are the worst for the fissure itself because they are acidic and hitting the fissure with acid everyday will prevent healing.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Fissuredhell » 12 Apr 2018, 03:51

Hi! Same thing happened with my with the calcium channel blocker and the nitro. I have been to the ER in severe pain and they prescribed me protofoam but it hurts so bad I almost vomited in pain. Thinking about LIS. I am SO GLAD I found this forum so that I can read more about it !
Fissuredhell
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2