Bleeding for no reason??

No fissure or hemorrhoid?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bleeding for no reason??

Postby Noanswers » 14 Apr 2018, 12:40

Ok, so I could really use some insight about my situation. It’s driving me crazy!! Last May, I started taking a multivitamin that had a lot of iron in it and it caused my stool to be hard.. when I had the bowel movement, I felt a sharp pain and then some blood on toilet paper. I’m never constipated (I’ve been vegan most of my life) so no straining either, my poops are perfect, usually a 3 or 4. I have been to 3 separate CRS and upon examination and anoscope, they all found nothing and said my insides look textbook perfect. So I finally went to get a colonoscopy which I did not want to.. I’m 30 and no one in my family has any GI diseases or issues. And nothing was found on my colonoscopy, the surgeon said I have one of the best gi systems he’s seen! And I had my colonoscopy at Cleveland clinic, so I really feel they know what they’re doing. The joy of all this is I still bleed and have slight pains when I have a BM... I feel like the pain is in the anal area and I think it’s very, very small which is why no one sees anything. All drs have confirmed no anal fissure at all. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m tired of going to the dr and getting my butt examined :evil: I’m really healthy and no one can provide me with any help! I’m at my wits end and I wish I could have painless poops again.
Noanswers

Topics: 1

Re: Bleeding for no reason??

Postby Hopefull123 » 14 Apr 2018, 15:49

If there is bleeding obviously there is a cut. Maybe it is small so it is hard to be seen. My CRS is amazing and very experienced
I not sure which part of the world are you but he provides consultation over the phone and perhaps can suggest something or someone he knows in your area. His name is David Rosenfeld, proctologist and his office is in Thousand Oaks, California. Google him and you can see his contact info. He does charge for the phone consultation thou but I don't know how much.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Noanswers » 14 Apr 2018, 16:15

Thank you for replying! Yes, I agree there must be a cut it’s just annoying no one is finding anything. I feel like if it is so small, I should be able to heal it? Especially because I have good bathroom habits. I am in Ohio so California is far but definitely not out of the question. I was just really hoping for a proper diagnosis so I could examine my options and move forward. But apparently that is not the case!
Noanswers

Postby Hopefull123 » 14 Apr 2018, 16:38

Do you have pain or discomfort after BMs or just some bleeding and slight pain during. Perhaps a hemmorhoid. Maybe your stool is too soft or too acidic and the acid is hitting the cut everyday not allowing to heal. You can try avoiding acidic fruits, vinegar, coffee, tea for a while. I would suggest to take psyllium husk powder which forms the stool and makes it a little bulkier so your muscles can get stretchy and more elastic.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Boogie » 14 Apr 2018, 19:00

Hey Noanswers,

Just to share a similar experience, I started taking some plant based vitamins for training purposes and noticed my stool was a little thicker and larger. This made it a touch harder to pass but not unbearable (too much fibre in my diet?). Anyway, i did notice some blood when wiping but that was only for a few days. With minor diet adjustments that week, BM's went back to normal and didn't see any blood.

Thing is though, I went for a squat session at the gym about a week after this and now i'm confined to my bed and suffering some crazy unbearable anal pain due to a tear/fissure.

I believe the blood you're experiencing is indicative of a minor tear so please be careful! It's been about a week now and I cannot sit or walk or even move in general without insane pain spasms. Please take care of yourself, you don't want it to get any worse!
Boogie