Worse After Botox- any hope?

Worse After Botox - any hope?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Worse After Botox- any hope?

Postby Canttakethis » 22 Feb 2018, 14:00

Thank you. Three weeks post Botox tomorrow and still worse than before I had the procedure. Spasms all day and terrible fissure pain - despite all the medicine I am taking including narcotics. Somehow I am going to try to take my kids to Disney this weekend as it we planned it months ago. I have no idea how I am going to do that. My husband thinks I should rest by the pool and he will take the kids to the parks but I don’t want to miss experiencing the kids on the rides. But I can’t even walk around the block without wanting to stop and sit down and cry so I have no idea how I can possibly do a theme park. The toll this injury and the pain takes on you, your spouse, your kids, your social life, it’s unfathomable. And horrible. I just feel hopeless. Wishing everyone recovery and a normal life again soon.
Canttakethis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Feb 2018, 16:00

CTT is there any way you could see a different CRS as your doesn’t sound like they are the best. Botox usually has very few side effects as countries with free healthcare wouldn’t pay the high expense of using it if it caused too many problems.
I would worry having LIS done by someone who may not be gentle or even be putting the Botox in the correct place...as that is one of the main reasons for complications or it not working.
I truly hope you manage to make it through your break without too much pain. Yes fissures cause us to miss so much, in my nearly 3 years dealing with this I have missed or at the very least not enjoy things so much more than 20 years of suffering with crohns.
I don’t know what state your in but have you contemplated using medical marijuana as that has been proved to stop muscle spasms.
Really good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Marko » 22 Feb 2018, 16:09

Yes, i agree with you, life with fissure is shit! Your fissure is open now? Tell your husband to see your fissure..my wife is watching my fissure every day :)
Marko
Salt Bather

Postby Sarah8818 » 17 Apr 2018, 18:00

How are things now for you canttakethis? I had Botox 6 days ago and the spasms are horrendous. It’s ruined my life and my poor young children are suffering as a result as I can’t do anything :(
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Marko » 18 Apr 2018, 01:32

Your fissure is open for how long?
Marko
Salt Bather

Postby Sarah8818 » 18 Apr 2018, 02:29

6 months
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Marko » 18 Apr 2018, 03:15

do you have Soft stools? Are you bleeding a lot? Try to relax your muscle with deep breath when you have stool, for me was Cold water very good for pain and warm for relax,, massage your sphincter with finger(gently) wish you luck
i get fissure every month, i need 10 days to heal it and quality of my life is not good because of fissure...
Marko
Salt Bather