ARGGGHHHH!! (Need to vent to the ladies)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

ARGGGHHHH!! (Need to vent to the ladies)

Postby Guest » 21 Apr 2008, 14:52

Why oh why does everyting go haywire during that time of month? Things were going along just fine, few issues, cutting back to 2 stool softeners a day rather than 3, then all of a sudden...PERIOD!! Now I'm on day 2, I'm having bm issues (a little constipated - only going small bits at a time), I've pulled out the heating pad to deal with the stinging sensation, and I'm back up to 3 softeners. This drives me nuts. I guess I'll be pulling out the prune juice in the morning, as well. I thought about finally trying MOM, but I'm not sure if that will be overkill since I'm still on colace. I know that it only lasts a few days, but this is ridiculous! Calgon - take me away! Any...thanks for listening.

Re: ARGGGHHHH!! (Need to vent to the ladies)

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Apr 2008, 15:16

I am so sorry that you have exactly same experience as I did and some other girls here : (. My GI and female CRS told me that it is due to hormonal changes and that they influence GI tract too, unfortunately. That is why pregnant women have feeling of sickness
and other GI changes too. I also think that oxitocine hormone that contracts uterus has some impact on colon sphincter contractions and makes it tighter hence making "that time of a month" especially
hazardous for fissure sufferers :((( !!!
Unfortunately, I could not do anything about it - I would almost heal and than got retired every single time when I got my period : ( !!! I tried even Valium for muscle relaxation !!! Nothing helped. I just had to have a LIS.
Try to add Milk of Magnesia - better have it runny for 2 days than get re injured again - although I think that one tablespoon would not give you runs at all !!!
Best of luck !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 21 Apr 2008, 15:24

I agree with Fiss, better runny than injuresome.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 21 Apr 2008, 16:03

I have the same problem too. I started this bleeding right around my period plus I ate some wrong foods that aggravated my butt. I have prune jusice in the morning and before I go at night. I take 2 colace before I go to bed too. I hate that time of the month, but now the week before my period this month I am going to really watch what I eat and increase my prune juice and colace. I hear yah it always changes and screws up everything.
Keep your chin up it is just another minor set back.
Patty

Postby Guest » 21 Apr 2008, 16:13

Yip it battle with this too:( My latest try is evening primrose !

Postby Guest » 21 Apr 2008, 16:44

After reading the magnesium supplement thread this has given me something to think about too...very intresting !

Postby buttgirl » 21 Apr 2008, 17:52

always the same for me too. Argh!! I'm suffering a bit too from a rough poo this weekend. No bleeding, just a bit of stinging.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67