about periods and hard poo

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

about periods and hard poo

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 07:12

I'm definitely seeing a pattern now. I've read alot of the posts from the ladies about having harder poos around the time of their period. I've been wondering why my stools have been hard and small the past few days and just started my period today. This happened last month, too. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to this happening and causing bleeding each month. My periods are all over the place because of perimenopause, so it's hard to know when it'll be coming. But, at least I think I know what's causing it. What's weird is it doesn't matter what I take to soften it up, it's still hard for a few days and then it softens up again.

Re: about periods and hard poo

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 08:00

Does itching mean healing?

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 08:12

Yeah, that time of the month can really alter bms. I am trying the Evening Primrose Oil that some of the other boardies recommended to see if I can reduce the spasms. I wonder if that would help you?

Fissureboy-
It might be good for you to post a new topic so that people can see your questions rather than posting them somewhere obscure like in a periods and hard poo thread. :ack:

To answer your question-usually itchiness is associated with healing.

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 08:14

Ok Im new to this and wasnt really sure how it worked. Sorry

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 08:20

:;penguin;: no problem!

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 08:29

Im just trying to educate myself. The Doctors dont really tell you much and this Forum in like information from tons of Doctors!

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 12:45

Val,
Thank you.

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 14:54

I am very intrested in the magnesium supplement, claims to benifit PMS and constipation...got to be worth a try !

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Apr 2008, 16:03

Tom, yeah LOL , we love you and all :adorable: , but try to post your questions in proper threads :) ! I completely understand how hard it is to deal with fissure (we all do ; ), and there is so much info here and so much that you want to learn , but you will be much more successful if you follow the topic or ask your own question - just press "new" and give it a shot buddy - we will all jump in with our answers - we promise :blab:
Last edited by Fissulyna on 24 Apr 2008, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2008, 05:18

Hi Tom,
Glad to hear things are improving :D
Another tip is the search button on the top of the menu, this is great !!! type in what you are looking for and hey presto Image