Anyone's tailbone sore???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone's tailbone sore???

Postby buttgirl » 21 Apr 2008, 18:01

So as my fissure heals, I'm realizing that the pain wasn't entirely from the fissure. I seem to have a general soreness in the area surrounding my tailbone. It is sore to pressure on the underside of the tailbone and also sore to pressure about 3 inches above the tip to the tailbone just to the side on my buttocks. It seems to hurt where the muscle attachs to the bone and it seems to get worse as the day goes on and sometimes keeps me awake because it's hard to get comfortable. It is a numb, grating sort of soreness, kinda like a charlie horse. It gets worse after excercise. It sometimes radiates into my hip socket to the right.
It appeared when I had the abscess last year and has never really left. I always though it was part of the fissure. It might be because it is acting up a little more after this weekend's rough bm, but it is hard to really tell.
Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any idea what it is?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: Anyone's tailbone sore???

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Apr 2008, 18:58

Dear Chris - you described what I have so well, that I will print it out and hand it over to my doctors. I mentioned that to GP and CRS and all looked at me like I am some kind of hypochondriac. I got it during my acute fissure period and it never left : (. I also sometimes get so frustrated with it and start poking to see where the hell the pain is coming from !!!! It hurts sometimes when I sit for long time or when I just sit in the car or if I sit leaning backward. Sometimes it hurts just to hurt I guess, if I stand for ling time. I feel sometimes like somebody kicked me really hard there, dull, sore and sometimes even poky ! I even started to think that that Chinese lady forgot some needles there LOL ! I don't now what to make of it, the only comforting thing to me is that is not continually present. It appears sporadically during the day : (. I still did not start exercising (too lazy) so I don't know how it would be - maybe I should try to compare the notes : ) ! I also have some pains that started AFTER LIS that radiate only to my left side where the incision was - sometimes even "forward" if you know what I mean : (. But those are very short in duration, rare and almost always during BM and not strong, just annoying.
Who knows , dear friend, what is going on in there - maybe some nerve damage ??? I had pelvic Ultrasound today and they saw my "bowel churning" ??? They asked me if I had part of my bowel removed - I guess that "geometry" and "symmetry" is off after LIS - I didn't ask more details since I wanted to be done as soon as possible because they did transvaginal since my uterus is tilted - how I hate those !!!!!! Not to mention that I had male technician - he had to leave the room and ask for female to continue LOL - I wonder why Image and where he went Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Sorerumpie » 21 Apr 2008, 19:31

Chirs, I'm with you too on that one........ I know the fissure is mostly healed but the sore spot doesn't seem to want to go.
It's at 6 oclock position and hurts to sit on. It feels like injured tissue under and behind where the fissure was.
I'm going tomorrow for doc appointment and going to insist on getting some imaging of that . Wondering if it's an abscess pocket that won't heal. (My internal medicine doc friend thinks the same ) Image
Fiss , that male technician probably had seen enough vaginas for one day ....... and your tilted uterus sent him over the edge.. Image
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Apr 2008, 20:39

Ha ha haaaa - I would think so if not the fact that tranvaginal is very rarely performed AND that he was so young and blushing like an 8 year old - some things I would rather not elaborate here - TRUST ME !!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jen » 21 Apr 2008, 22:13

Buttgirl -
Have you ever heard of levator ani syndrome? My Family doc always thinks I have this - however, all the CRS I go to say no way. I agree with the CRS. I just thought I would bring it to your attention because of some of your pains. You can read about it here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levator_ani
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby buttgirl » 21 Apr 2008, 22:30

hmm... that's interesting. I'm gonna have to ask the doc about that one. The muscle seems to attach at the points where i have pain. I'll have to check into this more.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Apr 2008, 23:56

Great find Jen !!! I doubt that is the my case though since that muscle covers pretty large area , my pain is really localized and NOT in the anus - more around tail bone and toward outside . I also find illustrations very good - I can now see how my CRS could have accidentally made a notch in some other muscle too -and also how many other muscles are all in connection there in pelvic floor so messing up with one can have effect many others there !!!!! Just "great" LOL ! Oh well - since my internal sphincter regenerated - maybe the rest will too :roll: ...
Also, why it appeared only after I got fissure and had it for a while Image and why it acts up now more since I re injured the anus Image ???
Something does not add up Image
PS: This is picture from my garden : )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 22 Apr 2008, 08:40

Wow-what a pretty garden you have! I want to see more photos!

I just wanted to mention that I get myofascial release work done for my pelvis. It does seem to help with pain. I see an OT who does it (the same lady that does cranial-sacral work I have mentioned before).

I wonder if we have developed some kind of regional pain complex from all of this?

I can have pain on my buttock like on my skin like a burn, a pain in the crease between my vulva and leg, next to my vagina, varying parts of the rectum in less than 5 minutes. It is so hard to just point to one area all the time and say it hurts here though with the incision healing I can pinpoint that area.

Postby Guest » 22 Apr 2008, 08:50

When I had the cut on the outside skin, I would get an ache in my tailbone. I wonder if it was just tensed because I was worrying so much about it. I know I was sitting funny, too, because of the pain from the cut. Now that the outside cut has healed and I've found out the new bleeding is from hemorrhoids, the aching has gone away. Sometimes, I can feel it tense up down there, but it's not sore like it was.

Postby Sorerumpie » 23 Apr 2008, 18:21

Saw a new doc yesterday - a urologist. With this type of Doc - I always look at his fingers before any introduction takes place !
That way I'll know what I'm in for .......
Anyway, He felt a hard lump area at 6 oclock in there ( right where the fissure was ) . Duh ..... I knew that. So, I insisted on having a CT scan with contrast which I'll do tomorrow .
There's got to be some reason why that area just won't heal enough to sit comfortably. It really feels like ulcerated or unhealed sub-tissue . Like sitting on a painful marble ?
I'm going to get to bottom of this one if it kills me !!!!
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12