Chronicles of my AF and LIS

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Chronicles of my AF and LIS

Postby mmklinemm » 27 Mar 2018, 07:28

I have played around with my supplements and diet and found this regimen works best to keep loose stools in check:

6am - 4 psyllium husk capsules (2.2g fiber)
9am - 1 Caltrate 600 Plus Chewable
1pm - 4 psyllium husk capsules
7pm - 1 Caltrate 600 Plus Chewable
8pm - 4 psyllium husk capsules
Bedtime - 1 500mg Vitamin C and a probiotic

Things are best if I avoid a lot of insoluble fiber, have my morning smoothie, have fresh fruit and sweet potatoes or black beans throughout the day. Other than that, I haven't been too strict the last 2 weeks.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby mmklinemm » 09 Apr 2018, 20:19

March 29th: I had my post-op. Had a long talk with the PA to start. I actually had 2 fissures, the old posterior one I knew about and a superficial anterior one. I didn't get any details about them because I never got to see my CRS. During the long talk, I explained what happened at my last post-op and that I did not want her to touch me for any reason. She seemed to understand, and reassured me she would only look and go get my CRS if she saw something that concerned her. Well, she lied. She took, "I don't want your hands on me," to mean, "don't do an internal exam." The only positive I took away is she said my incision site looks good.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby mmklinemm » 09 Apr 2018, 20:35

5 weeks: I can't believe it's been 5 weeks since my surgery. Fissure-wise, I feel really good. I haven't had any pain with BMs. My stools have stayed perfect. I have a constant general discomfort since my post-op. Not sure if the PA caused it or if it's coincidental. I also have some minor bleeding most every day. I think it's coming from the base my old anterior skin tag. The tag seems swollen. I've been alternately applying alcohol-free witch hazel and manuka honey. I haven't had a chance to take a good look. I've had family visiting since the afternoon of my post-op. I've never been so happy to have spring break over! I'll finally have some privacy and a free moment now that everyone is gone and back to school.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby mmklinemm » 11 Apr 2018, 20:11

So, the manuka honey gave me a rash. Because that is my life anymore. The witch hazel has helped shrink the tag, thankfully, and I only had one spot of blood today.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby patience_and_healing » 12 Apr 2018, 11:37

You're going to get through this mmklinemm! :smilyhug:
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby mmklinemm » 19 Apr 2018, 19:32

Thanks! I feel like things are looking up!

6.5 weeks: the rash is gone. The sentinel pile shrank back down. I haven't had any spots of blood in more rhan a week. Zero pain at all. I feel like nothing was ever wrong. The only weird twinge I get on occasion is when I lean back while sitting. That's the only time I feel like a pressure or something, not really pain, but uncomfortable. I haven't had any leakage or incontinence at all.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby mmklinemm » 14 May 2018, 20:12

10 weeks: Things still going well. I've gotten another yeast infection that is causing pain and irritation everywhere. I haven't used any ointments, tried any new soaps or shampoos, or cut back on probiotics. After looking online, the only thing I can point to is using the seat heater in my car too much. Which sucks, because I love the heat. But no fissure issues, so yay!
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby mmklinemm » 21 Jun 2018, 14:29

15.5 weeks: Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I'm still doing well. I haven't changed my supplements at all. I'm still drinking about 64 oz water everyday and watching what I eat. I've been able to eat the occasional red meat and french fries or tater tots without any problems. I think the bidet I installed on my toilet was irritating my sentinel pile. I had to go out of town for 4 days. I brought my folding Squatty Potty (lifesaver!!!) and my portable bottle bidet. My sentinel pile was happy the whole trio, but swelled and ached after I got home and used the toilet bidet the first time. That's even with using it at the lowest pressure. I switched back to bottle bidet and all is good.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby Kingfish » 21 Jun 2018, 15:25

Don't be to worried about having an LIS. I suffered for 5 years with my fissure and finally got the courage to go ahead with it. Honestly it was nothing. Local shot in the but to numb it, quick cut and snip. The whole thing took 15 minute and I was back in the car riding home with no pain. I felt better immediately. I was fissure free for 10 years after that and only now have been hit with another fissure that I am trying to heal.

If I does not heal soon I will start searching for a Dr that is willing to perform another LIS. I know its risky but I am willing to risk it for a pain free life.
Nifedipine over 2 months
Hot Sitz Bath
Cortisone cream
Lidocaine cream
Zinc Oxide cream
Coconut Oil
Doctor Butler's Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment
Manual Self Dilation
Mirolax
Metamucil
Pro-biotic
Kingfish
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby mmklinemm » 22 Jun 2018, 10:25

Kingfish wrote:Don't be to worried about having an LIS. I suffered for 5 years with my fissure and finally got the courage to go ahead with it. Honestly it was nothing. Local shot in the but to numb it, quick cut and snip. The whole thing took 15 minute and I was back in the car riding home with no pain. I felt better immediately. I was fissure free for 10 years after that and only now have been hit with another fissure that I am trying to heal.

If I does not heal soon I will start searching for a Dr that is willing to perform another LIS. I know its risky but I am willing to risk it for a pain free life.

Thank you for the encouraging words, but did you maybe mean to post this in another topic? I am not worried about LIS. I'm actually almost 4 months post-op from my 2nd LIS procedure.

I hope you find a doctor soon that can help you find some relief!
mmklinemm
VIP