Chronicles of my AF and LIS

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Chronicles of my AF and LIS

Postby Kingfish » 22 Jun 2018, 10:39

mmklinemm wrote:
Kingfish wrote:Don't be to worried about having an LIS. I suffered for 5 years with my fissure and finally got the courage to go ahead with it. Honestly it was nothing. Local shot in the but to numb it, quick cut and snip. The whole thing took 15 minute and I was back in the car riding home with no pain. I felt better immediately. I was fissure free for 10 years after that and only now have been hit with another fissure that I am trying to heal.

If I does not heal soon I will start searching for a Dr that is willing to perform another LIS. I know its risky but I am willing to risk it for a pain free life.

Thank you for the encouraging words, but did you maybe mean to post this in another topic? I am not worried about LIS. I'm actually almost 4 months post-op from my 2nd LIS procedure.

I hope you find a doctor soon that can help you find some relief!

Ooops sorry about that! I must have made a mistake. In any case you and I are in the same situation. I may also be facing another LIS if things don't heal soon. After another fissure appeared I would get the occasional painful BM but it would settle down after a while and be ok for a few days to a week or so. Now its pretty much pain every single BM.

Strange thing is the pain seemed more manageable when I was not doing anything except using Haemorrhoid creams. Once I began seeing the DR and applying Nifedefpin is seems to me the pain became more regular. Maybe I simply had too many painful anuscopes done alone the way...

Who knows?
Nifedipine over 2 months
Hot Sitz Bath
Cortisone cream
Lidocaine cream
Zinc Oxide cream
Coconut Oil
Doctor Butler's Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment
Manual Self Dilation
Mirolax
Metamucil
Pro-biotic
Kingfish
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby mmklinemm » 23 Jun 2018, 12:07

You may have become allergic or sensitive to the Nifedipine or whatever it was compounded with. I did, and it caused quite a bit of pain and irritation.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby mmklinemm » 22 Jul 2018, 15:34

20 weeks post-op: I hope I didn't make a mistake. I felt like my BMs were a little too loose and that I should cut back on the vitamin c a little. I did some research and read about MSM being great for scar tissue, skin, hair, etc. I found Source Naturals MSM, plus vitamin C. I ordered it thinking I could add some MSM while reducing my vitamin c a little. I've only taken a single pill each of the last 3 days. I think it made my BMs too firm and too often. I had been going only once a day, now I'm back to twice a day. Today was uncomfortable and scared me. I'm back in the tub and hoping it was just a fluke. I'm switching back to my regular supplement regimen and hoping to God I didn't screw myself up.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby patience_and_healing » 24 Jul 2018, 00:13

You'll be ok mm. It takes a while for the area to heal fully and it's probably just some discomfort at being stretched out unusually.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby mmklinemm » 24 Jul 2018, 06:34

Thanks. I think I'm OK. I'm still a little uncomfortable, but no drastic or acute fissure pain. I'm having PMS, which I've read causes problems for others on here. Maybe that's what's causing the discomfort. It's hard to know or keep track since I don't have periods anymore (hysterectomy, kept ovaries), and my symptoms are really irregular. I've switched back to my usual supplements schedule, and things are getting back to normal.
mmklinemm
VIP