LIS or botox when pregnant?

LIS/botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: LIS or botox when pregnant?

Postby missy moo » 29 Jun 2018, 15:31

Thanks PreggoAF did you end up having a c-section? An the fissure still came back? Or was that someone else I was thinking if I had another baby a c-section would be a good idea but if it doesn't make a difference to the fissure then there's no point really, thanks
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby PreggoAF » 11 Jul 2018, 05:18

Hi Missy, sorry I just saw your post. Yes, I had a C-section to avoid further aggravation to my fissure and all seemed to go well until two weeks postpartum when I tried to stop taking stool softener and began bleeding again. I’m not entirely sure if it was from the old fissure or from internal hemorrhoids but my muscles were just too tight to pass normal BMs.
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby PreggoAF » 11 Jul 2018, 05:19

Also, I’m getting LIS today and hemorrhoids banded. I’ll keep you posted on how it goes. Probably start a new thread!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 11 Jul 2018, 16:19

I had a normal delivery an the fissure came back 4 weeks post birth I believe because of hormones an muscle relaxant remember our bodies have those muscle relaxing hormones during pregnancy so baby can fit though the birth canal once things tighten back up afterwards things start going wrong again good luck today can't wait to read all about your success :hugs:
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby PreggoAF » 11 Jul 2018, 17:08

Thanks Missy! Just had it done this afternoon and all apparently went well. I feel sleepy from the anesthesia and a dull pain in my bottom so far. I’ll update soon!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Allthepain » 18 Jul 2018, 14:57

How have you been recovering from your surgery? I hope you have finally found relief!

As for me, I'm one day past my due date and just waiting to see how it will go. I'm honestly expecting the worst. I've been taking Miralax for the past couple of weeks so I haven't had much pain, but if I try and touch anywhere in that region, it's quite obvious the fissure is still very much there and "active". I'm terrified.

I'll try and update again after the birth. Please think happy thoughts and that I don't end up with a colostomy bag or something awful!
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby PreggoAF » 18 Jul 2018, 16:09

Oh sending so many positive thoughts! I know how hard and scary this is when pregnant. Somehow we make it through, I don’t know how! Keep us updated:-)

The surgery recovery was super painful for me for the first 5 days but is getting easier. I still haven’t left the house and feel kind of weak because I’ve been running low grade fevers randomly but things are starting to get a little more normal. :-)
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PreggoAF » 20 Jul 2018, 05:12

Allthepain, not sure if you’ve had the baby yet but wanted you to know that I really think LIS is doing the trick foR me and that I may be back to normal soon, knock on wood. If you have to get it done after the baby’s born just make sure you’ve got help with the kids for at least a week and know that you’ll need to side lay to breastfeed or pump and bottle feed. It’s possible to make it work though. I’m not out of the woods yet but definitely not having any incontinence and feeling like my butt is getting back to normal. Good luck!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Allthepain » 21 Jul 2018, 17:15

Just thought I'd update and let everyone know that I had a successful delivery even with an "active" anterior fissure. As far as I can tell, it didn't seem to be affected by the delivery at all. To be fair, I didn't have to push longer than 5 minutes and only had some minor tearing, but I'm still amazed I was able to make it through that! Hopefully this will help someone else's decision in the future. I've also been taking Miralax everyday and I was able to have a non-painful bowel movement a couple of days after delivering. We'll have to see how breastfeeding goes.

PreggoAF, that's great to hear that the surgery is working! These things are horrible. Even though I was able to deliver, I know this thing still won't heal on its own. I'm taking Miralax everyday now to keep things painfree, but I don't want to rely on it forever. I'll probably head back to the CRS at some point and try to give the Diltiazem a solid try. If it doesn't work, I'm happy to hear that the LIS surgery seems to work so well. I will definitely consider it because there is no way I want to live with this forever.
Allthepain
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby PreggoAF » 22 Jul 2018, 09:05

Allthepain, I’m so happy for you!! How wonderful and huge congratulations! I’m sure you’re basking in the baby glow right now and also exhausted from the late night feedings. Good luck and I hope the Miralax does thetrick for you while you’re breastfeeding. Be well!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist