LlS, skin tag removal, hems banded

LlS, skin tag removal, hems banded

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LlS, skin tag removal, hems banded

Postby missy moo » 13 Jul 2018, 16:56

Sounds like your healing already try to distract yourself everyday your healing an one step closer to having your life back x
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby PreggoAF » 14 Jul 2018, 11:19

Day 4: I’ve had diarrhea twice today and really suffering. I think I’m still feeling the effects of taking too much Milkof Magnesia and Miralax on Day 2. I just popped a Valium and two Dilaudid and waiting for relief. I also feel kind of mad at my CRS for telling me that this operation wouldn’t cause me too much pain and that I could probably get by with Tylenol and ibuprofen. That seems really crazy to me. I have had two previous surgeries and always been able to come off the narcotics after the first day so I don’t think my pain tolerance is below average. Arghhhh
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby PreggoAF » 14 Jul 2018, 20:38

Day 4 Evening: After sleeping off my bowel movement pain I slowly improved to feeling halfway decent by nighttime. This is the best evening I’ve had so far, so that’s great :-) I looked at myself again with a hand mirror and find it hard to understand what I’m looking at. It looks like giant swollen masses and I don’t honestly even know where my butthole is. Dear lord that’s tmi, sorry, but I’m very confused about the situation. I’ve had a ton of bleeding and I don’t know where it’s comung from or if it’s normal. I’ll be calling the CRS on Monday with my concerns.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby patience_and_healing » 14 Jul 2018, 21:57

You should definitely call the CRS and ask what could be going on. Call him tomorrow if you have a way to reach him on a weekend. I think the area is highly vascular and that's why it must be bleeding so much, but hopefully that will subside soon. When I had perianal skin surgery 11 months ago I had a decent amount of bleeding initially but it didn't last 4 days. It usually started up again with each BM and then stopped. Take care :smilyhug:
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 15 Jul 2018, 03:39

Hay PreggoAF I'm so happy you've had a great evening I hope you took that moment to really enjoy it an feel normal those times are so beautiful, a side note I would stop looking if I was you because some of my best bms have been recked by looking an seeing blood on the toilet paper which instantly takes my brain 10steps backwards the surgeon I saw a few days ago said who cares if the fissure never closed up or never stops bleeding as long as your not in pain which I completely agreed with so thats my new thing if it's pain free or a little uncomfortable who cares leave the toilet room an forget about it carry on with my day an never look down, go by how you feel an try move on mentally as soon as you you've finished your bm don't give it any attention especially negative attention an don't feel like you can't say certain stuff on here like tmi stuff it's no holds bar on here an I think it's best that we all be honest an open no matter how gross we all have these issues it's a bums an poos site keep up the positivity :huggies:
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 15 Jul 2018, 14:10

Day 5: Okay guys, so I’m running a fever today and feel aches and chills. I’m worried that I have an infection and that this is why it’s been hurting so much. I had my mom (a nurse) take a look at the area and she said the peri anal tissue is incredibly swollen but that she didn’t see signs of infection from the outside. I’m bummed and will obviously be calling the CRS tomorrow. He was supposed to be one of the best CRS docs in my area so I’m pretty confused as to how this happened.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 15 Jul 2018, 14:40

Hey PreggoAF I've heard that sometims these things just happen regardless of how clean an dry you've kept the area an it's not your surgeons fault it just happens hun but first make sure that's the case as it may well be something unrelated but definitely call your doctor an get plenty of rest an fluids let us know how you get on, just take it easy.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 16 Jul 2018, 21:27

Day 6: My fever went away yesterday with a bunch of Tylenol and hasn’t returned. CRS prescribed antibiotics in case my pain increases and fever returns. Today was a step in the right direction and bleeding has decreased somewhat, and pain was not too bad as the day wore on. My pain occurs immediately after a bowel movement and lasts for a few hours but feels different from fissure spasm pain. Maybe it’s the pain from the skin tag wounds or incision site. Hoping that gets easier soon because it’s still rather painful. But I’m off all narcotics now and managing with just Tylenol and ibuprofen so I guess I’m improving even though it feels slow! Must think positive healing thoughts to help the time pass by!
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby PreggoAF » 16 Jul 2018, 21:28

Also I find that I’m having to go to the bathroom more frequently despite no changes to my diet. If I can reduce the trips to the bathroom I think I’ll be in Bette shape.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 17 Jul 2018, 00:13

Sounds like your doing well are you taking ant stool softeners or laxatives? That mite be to blame for all the bathroom trips
missy moo
King Fissure