Hello I has just had a fistulotomy.

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Hello I has just had a fistulotomy.

Postby patience_and_healing » 16 Jul 2018, 10:54

The suppository is very mild. Try and use it, it may cause some mild burning but otherwise it should be ok. You definitely need to increase the dosing. Every other day is definitely not enough, plus 10 g seems to be too little for your case. Try the full dose at 17 g, maybe more. And have at least 2 liters of water daily so your body has enough fluid to keep BMs soft. Seriously Mike, why have you been taking so little laxative. It's obviously not working for you and something needs to change. Don't be afraid to use it, it's not going to create a dependency and once you're healed and off medications you might not even need it anymore.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby mike1971 » 16 Jul 2018, 13:25

Healed?

Thank you for the words of encouragement Patience. I'm going to sound pessimistic here but about 2 months in from my fistulotony surgery I'm afraid I'm suffering from complications. Aside from the ever increasing constipation I'm finding I have to wipe a few times an hour or so at my remaining fistulotony wound. It seems it's formed into a hole of some sorts. Possibly a "keyhole deformity" which liquid stool seems to leak from. It so happens to be next to an external hemorrhoid on the inside of the other cheek and when my cheeks come together the stool matter seems to get caught up in there which makes cleaning difficult.

I also seem to have a burning pain a few hours or a day after a bm. My external sphincter seems hard and spasming after a bm. The anus almost feels "numb" for a few minutes after a bm. I fear I may have some pelvic floor issues.....specifically the puborectalis or levator muscles.

I realize it's only 2 months post op so these issues I'm dealing with may be just part the healing process. If anyone out there has experienced these symptoms and have healed from them please let me know. I'm really worried and depressed about all this. it's not what I had anticipated. I'm really feeling devastated.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby mike1971 » 16 Jul 2018, 16:14

Just got back from the hospital.

Had an mri done.

The nurse was very kind and caring.

I hope to have some answers in 3 - 5 days. :/
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby patience_and_healing » 16 Jul 2018, 16:43

I'm sorry that things aren't working out the way you had expected. I hope the MRI will provide some answers on how your treatment should proceed.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby mike1971 » 16 Jul 2018, 17:28

Thank you Patience you've always been so kind. These last 5 months have been a nightmare that seems I can't wake up from.

Bless u and all else who are suffering.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Dimitri71 » 17 Jul 2018, 03:45

Hi Mike, an MRI is the best way to diagnose all kinds of problems, a great step towards healing. Keep us posted. Sending my support.
Dimitri71
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby mike1971 » 19 Jul 2018, 12:36

Thank you for the words of encouragement Dimitri it really means a lot to me.

8 weeks post op:

90%:of my wound is healed. There is a small raw and red /pinkish hole at about the 12 o'clock position just 3 or 4 mm long. I hope this is the source of my pain after a bm. The pain is no longer a tight pressure intense burning feeling but more a stinging and light burning which lady's for hours after a bm.

I know I'm only 2 months out and hope I'm still 8n the healing process. I still can't sit or drive comfortably. i realize many people take months to get some normalcy back in the area. Still sad and depressed most of the time. Really looking to get well ASAP.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mike1971 » 21 Jul 2018, 19:37

Well the MRI has come back as negative for any issues.

I strongly thought it might be pelvic muscle pain or sphincter spasms.....or even possibly nerve damage (hope that's not the case). The technicians in the MRI department at the hospital assured me if there was any problem anywhere there they would see it.

I'm still having the burning and discomfort after a bm. My feeling is the pain is not as bad as a.month or two ago.

It's been slightly over 2 months since my fistulotomy. I realize most people take months to heal. This is what I've heard from many others as well.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?